Fast food- not so good anymore!

Nmmsg
on 12/23/14 8:31 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

This is my truth now-

I had my surgery in July of 2013. I was 212lbs and now weight between 135-140.  I weigh daily and watch the scale like it's my job.  I pretty much eat the same things everyday. During this holiday season, I have noticed that I just don't like the same heavy foods I used to eat.  At this point I prefer plainer foods, not fried.  I had a bite of my husband's Son of a Baconator from Wendy's- yuck!  I am no saint- no cookie is safe or dark chocolate. I try not to eat any or limit myself.  The best bet is to keep it out of the house.  I am happy that my preferences have changed.  For Newbies- you are not doomed to weight gain. Some of the habits you fight so hard to gain will becone your friend.  

I am only a year and a half out so not a long term vet.  This is my truth for now.  Merry Christmas!

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Beatriz
on 12/23/14 10:08 pm

Great to hear!! I think most of us that do surgery have a past of failures- and that's one of my biggest fears- having the weight come back. It's great to hear that somethings will be different this time. :)

Height: 5'4".    VSG 2/23/15

HW: 257--SW: 237--CW: 207  

Y D.
on 12/24/14 1:19 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

That is so inspiring Nancy, THANK YOU!

MAchick
on 12/27/14 1:04 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I was just thinking about this the other day. Since surgery,  I've only had a glass of orange juice once or twice. I used to LOVE it but now I could take it or leave it. My husband and I used to frequent the chain restaurant Chili's, and we went a couple months ago which was the first time post-op. I had a few bites of food,  but it was disgusting to me. Good thing! I don't care for bread or pasta much anymore,  only a couple bites on occasion. 

But unfortunately I still like my sweets :-/ I can't buy them or have them around! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views