Lightweights, When did you hit goal?

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/15 2:00 am
VSG on 12/16/14

How many months? How strict was your regiment? etc

Spencerella
on 1/9/15 3:06 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I did things 'old school' - 600 calories daily, whi*****luded 80+ grams protein and -25 grams of carbs.  I was strict all the way through - wanted to get the weight loss phase completed and get on with the rest of my life.  I reached normal bmi (136#) in exactly 8 months, my personal goal of 125# in 9.5 months.  Then I switched to maintenance, increasing my calories slowly, so drifted down to a bit below 115#, which is what I continue to maintain after 18 months in maintenance.  It took focus, but it really wasn't difficult to do, and in hindsight, I'm super glad I did it this way.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Elizabeth C.
on 1/9/15 3:27 am - Mansfield, TX

WOW!  I just looked at your pictures and you look amazing!! I love the outfit with the jeans and pink flannel!! I'm excited for the day I go shopping and look that cute! ;)

5'-5" ~ Lap Band 03/2008 Converted to Sleeve 11/6/2014 HW 296 Start Pre Op Diet for Sleeve 226 SW 217 -9 M1: 202 -15 M2: 196 -6 M3: 186 -10 M4: 180 -6 M5: 176 -4 M6: 171 -5 M7: 167 -4 M8: 165 -2 M9: 161 -4 M10: 158 -3 M11: 158 -0

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 5:45 am
VSG on 12/16/14

So did you do any cardio during this phase?

Spencerella
on 1/11/15 6:22 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I didn't do any exercise at all. I have a chronic knee issue that was very problematic when I was carrying around extra weight. Thought I might do some exercise closer to goal but it didn't happen. Since reaching goal, I've done some distance running but not consistently because of the knee flare ups and sometimes other interests get in the way. My weight remains stable and I do no dietary changes whether I'm in running form or not. I continue to watch my calories and when I'm up a pound or two, I simply cut back the calories  

So so not to suggest that exercise is bad, but is a small factor in terms of promoting weight loss. Unless you're working out for hours a day. So while exercise is good for general health and well being, weight loss is primarily about caloric intake. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 5:47 am
VSG on 12/16/14

So did you do any cardio during this phase?

happytoloose
on 1/9/15 3:33 am

Well,

I am close to ten weeks out now and this is the skinny for me.

60g daily protein. Making this almost everyday.

64oz of liquid. A little harder than I thought at this point but getting close everyday.

Being mindful of calories and carbs, not really tracking them but being aware of the numbers.

No real calorie restrictions by nut on those yet. My restriction won't allow me cheat so I don't.

I'm doing Vitafusion mens once a day gummies, and a b12 every other day.

Starting to ramp up the exercise now but knee pain and fatigue limit what I can do.

Ive had several stalls of 5 days or more, but some great losses in the days following a stall.

I'm down a total of 95lb as of today and stalled again. No sweat, it'll break soon.

Follow up on Monday the 12th will be first full labs since surgery. Could hit the 100 mark by then. That would be huge.

I have the mental hungries now and then but I don't let em bully me. No junk food in the house!

Already stopped a bunch of meds, blood pressure is running normal without meds. Cut Lasix in half, may stop altogether after follow up. Warfarin dose cut in half, no more potassium pills.

Some energy issues have come up in the past few days, but I think it may by from dehydration.

Trying to get more fluids in now, kinda tough but doable. Shooting for 80oz or so.

Hope this helps...

Rod

downhome
on 1/9/15 3:49 am

It took me seven months but I was super strict and stayed on plan close to 100 percent.

wyo_sarah
on 1/9/15 6:57 am

I don't know if I would be considered a lightweight, but I thought I'd contribute to the conversation.  I'm almost 5.5 months out and I've lost 89 lbs.  My original goal was to lose 100 but now I'm contemplating shooting for 110.  I plan to be done the whole 100 by the end of this month, so that would be 6 months since surgery.  I'm fairly strict.  I eat primarily protein, not much else except occasionally I'll have potatoes and a bite of something sweet every once in a while.  (Yesterday I had a finger of frosting off a cupcake and earlier in the week I had 2 bites of a sugar cookie).  I have eaten bread twice and popcorn four times.  Does that answer your question?

Kathy8429
on 1/9/15 7:31 am

Hi. I think it took me about 10 months. It seems like I lost most of the weight in the first 6 months and then s l o w for the last 4 months. I did 800 cal day >80 gms of protein less then 25 gms of carbs. 

I did not do more then walking for the most part because of limited mobility due to multiple sclerosis

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views