Not sleeping!

Selaine66
on 1/16/15 12:19 pm
VSG on 07/21/14

Has anyone else experienced this?  I've always been the world's greatest sleeper....I sleep 3 to 5 hours per day now.  I have read that the drastic reduction in calories and low carb intake over time can affect some patient's cortisol levels and cause interrupted sleep patterns.  Have you heard of this? I'm taking care of my elderly mom and I need sleep..... Very tough and has become my biggest problem... I'm so sleep deprived.  The weight loss is wonderful (abt 75 pounds) but I'm getting absolutely ragged not sleeping.  

happytoloose
on 1/16/15 12:37 pm

I too am having really strange sleep cycles.

Wide awake at 3am and winding down by noon or so.

Almost exactly bassakward from before.

Ive been disabled for the past four years with severe respiratory problems. They seem to slowly be getting better.

I'm SO looking forward to going back to work some day. I have a list of goals, but that is the big one.

Gotta get my sleep times aligned with the rest of the working world. Lol

Rod

Selaine66
on 1/17/15 3:18 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Ugggg....hope it will eventually get better for us!!

zballard
on 1/16/15 8:23 pm - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I don't know your ages but menopause could be the problem also. Talk your PMD about symptoms of it. 

5ft HW 244 SW      

ocean37
on 1/16/15 9:01 pm - Lunenburg, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

I would stay awake for 48 hours at a time .... I had to be put on a sleeping medication because it got so bad.  Still not a great sleeper but better than I was. Talk to your DR a bout it!

Leaky Sleeve Survivor - 2013/2014

Highest Weight - 370 lbs, Weight at Surgery - 333 lbs, Current Weight - 207lbs

Selaine66
on 1/17/15 3:15 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Thanks for the replies and feedback!  I am way past menopause!  I have tried sleep meds....am on 10 mg ambien...soon to try rozerem.... I am under a doctors care and tried a variety of combinations like taking half at bedtime half when I wake up...nothing helps me get more sleep.  Such a foreign situation for me and it started after surgery and this type of eating.  There are articles out there about this syndrome but I haven't read much about it on this board, so thought I'd ask...thank you again! 

Selaine66
on 1/17/15 3:17 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Ocean did this start for you after surgery?  I'm wondering when I get on a more balanced diet (after weight loss is done and maintenance starts) that things will settle down with my sleep ....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views