Excited

greekgirk1027
on 1/19/15 8:06 pm

I waz approved for my surgery and my big day is on February 9,2015. That day will be the beginning to a new healthier me!!!!! I can not wait to be able to run and play with my 5 year old daughter. I would love to be able to fit on rides at the amusement park. God has blessed my family as well as myself with a second chance at life!!! God is good!!! Only question I have would be once being approved by my insurance and giving a surgery date by my surgeon is there any reason the surgeon will not go through with the surgery as long as there us no health risk to prevent the surgery from being a success.

Jack Allen
on 1/19/15 9:02 pm - Leesburg, VA

Im Feb 10!  Good luck.

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

momsy55
on 1/19/15 9:36 pm - ME

Good luck to you too Jack!!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

momsy55
on 1/19/15 9:35 pm - ME

Congratulations!!  It is the start of a new healthier you!  The only thing, other than some unknown health risks, that could derail surgery is if, during the pre-surgery time you gain weight and don't follow the eating guidelines.  I know my surgeon looked for no gain, and hopefully some loss, for a couple of reasons.  First, to gauge if I was serious about moving forward, as it is a major surgery with expectations of major life changes.  Secondly, the reason for the liquid pre-op diet is to help shrink the liver to reduce the risk of nicking it during surgery.  As long as you don't have any health risks to prevent the surgery, and follow the WLS program's pre-op eating plan, you should be golden.  Best of luck to you!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views