My nerves are getting the best of me!

BlueHeron81
on 1/26/15 7:31 pm - MD
VSG on 01/30/15

Greetings Fellow Sleevers!  My surgery date is scheduled for January 30th, and I am on pins and needles right now.  This all seems so surreal to me. I am so nervous about how all of this is going to go.  I'm worried about pain afterwards.  I'm worried about NOT eating.  I'm worried about the whispers from people at work.  I work in an elementary school where everyone knows your business, although I'm been trying to keep all of this on the DL.  With so much weight to lose, I know that this is a good decision.  I'm just so worried...Help!

Smilez313
on 1/27/15 1:11 am

I Have not been sleeved yet but I understand where your coming from. im terrified too. but I will tell you what I would also like to hear. You will be fine, you will have a successful surgery and its for a good cause! 

hope I helped a bit lol and ill keep u in my prayers.

-Priscilla

Mona787
on 1/27/15 1:27 am
VSG on 01/26/15

Hi there, I just got sleeved yesterday and a week out I had similar thoughts. But you are making this decision for you and other people's opinion s are neither required NOR desired. Just remember that. I was worried about the pain , did I have some yes but if I can push through it so can you. I don't k ow what people will say but it won't matter once your progress and mission of a healthy body begins to take priority. You'll do great and I'd you want details of what I went through,  just message me. Good luck!

Pamela M.
on 1/27/15 1:31 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I felt the same way 5 months ago (sleeved on 8/25/14).  The way I psyched myself through it was to think of my surgery as though it were dental work - I hate dental work but it's a necessity of life so I just kept putting one foot in front of the other all the way to the pre-surgery room.  And guess what, it's the BEST thing I ever did for myself!  I am 63 lbs. lighter, off medications and wearing size 12 pants!  This can and WILL BE you in just a few short months.  All the fear, nerves, etc. is SO WORTH IT.  JUST DO IT and don't look back.  You will not regret it.  And co-workers, they are proud of me and some are jealous.  Be kind to yourself and know that you have the courage to do this for yourself - it's a very loving thing that you are getting ready to give yourself.  Best of luck!   Pamela

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

BlueHeron81
on 1/27/15 2:38 am - MD
VSG on 01/30/15

I appreciate all of the advice.  I truly do.  I'm working through the nerves but as the day gets closer and closer, I keep asking myself "Are you really doing this?"  But again, I know that it's the best thing that I can do for myself right now.  I'm tired of the weight defining me.

RizingPheonix
on 1/27/15 2:40 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 12/03/14

Oh how I feel for you! I was in your shoes in December and know exactly how you feel. I couldn't sleep and when I did, I had horrible nightmares about everything that could go wrong. It was awful but nothing deterred me from getting the surgery, this is a lifesaving surgery, that is how I had to look at it. There are no choices or options, this is what I need to do to live a long, healthy life. And guess what, I made it thru. I even had complications with my surgery and I still survived and am thriving. People are always going to have something to say, more so negative than positive it seems, but no matter what you did your research and you know the journey you've been through to get here. Its impossible to make others understand but at the same time you are going to be the advocate for those who follow in your footsteps. You're a teacher and I'm sure nothing infuriates you more than ignorance, just have patience, eventually your surgery will be old news and you'll be happier, healthier and stronger for it.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views