2.5 days post op lots of pain

FindingMe15
on 2/11/15 11:28 am

Hi all! I had a vsg and hiatial hernia repair on Monday around 11am. I have always done an okay job w pain but I have not had relief since the surgery. Most everyone else seems to feel better that second day. Has anyone else had a hernia repair at the same time and experienced more pain? Thx

I take 2mg of diluted every 4 hours and vellum every six. What ends did you guys take and did they help?

Melanielw
on 2/11/15 12:56 pm
VSG on 01/21/15

What type of pain are you having? 

FindingMe15
on 2/11/15 1:10 pm

Pain swallowing,  incision pain when upright. Mike gravity is pulling on them. And chest pain. 

BrendaRae
on 2/11/15 7:42 pm, edited 2/11/15 7:43 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

i had lap band removed, sleeve and gallbladder all at once. I was given 5mg liquid loritab and I had a lot of pain for 3 solid weeks. Tomorrow I will be 30 days post op and I can just now get up from my desk without wincing. My surgeon says you have alot of internal stitches and it just takes time for those severed muscles to heal. I used a heating pad and it really helped. Good luck and congratulations on coming over to the losers side.

FindingMe15
on 2/11/15 8:23 pm

Brenda thanks for the encouraging words. I am so sorry you are in so much pain! I too am using a heating pad and it does help tremendously.  I just wasn't ready for the pain because everyone said it was fairly manageable.  Either I am a wimp or he used plastic silverware to to open me up haha. . 

Melanielw
on 2/11/15 7:47 pm
VSG on 01/21/15

I had a hernia repair along with the sleeve but I never had the pain swallowing. I know he said it was something that could of been a problem but never was. When you say chest pains are you referring to air bubbles when you are drinking too fast? Or are you having actual chest pains? The incisional pain is no fun at all. I am 4 weeks post op and still have incisional pain. It is so hard for me to get a good nights sleep it's so uncomforable. Like Brenda said above its because of those internal stitches. It isn't fun but just know its normal. 

FindingMe15
on 2/11/15 8:26 pm

Thanks for the message. The chest pain was both when swallowing and just the entire time like an elephant 9 my chest. 

Melanielw
on 2/11/15 8:47 pm
VSG on 01/21/15

That kind of sounds like air bubbles. Sometimes that happens when you drink too fast or are letting too much air into your stomach.

Jp2lose
on 2/12/15 2:19 am - Omaha, NE
Call your Dr! You need to make sure you don't have a blood clot in your lungs if it hurts when you're breathing.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views