Surgery on Wednesday!!

mpk2001
on 11/7/15 11:36 am

This pre-op diet has been really tough!!  I'm trying to get my mind off food for the weekend, so I'm making lists!  What are my essentials to take to the hospital?

VSG: 11/11/15 // Age: 42 // Height: 5'3"

HW: 254 // SW: 235 // CW: 203 // GW: 155

Angecakes
on 11/7/15 11:49 am - Spokane Valley , WA

Congratulations!  My surgery is Wednesday, too!  I'm planning to take very little to the hospital - slippers, bathrobe, toothbrush, deodorant - that kind of stuff.  Maybe a book or some crossword puzzles, but if it's like my gall bladder (and I'm told it is), I will prob. just end up sleeping and waking up to push the pain medication button every 20 minutes.... lol  Good luck!

~Angecakes~

32 years old; Height: 5'6.5";   4 Wks Pre-op: 10/14/15 - 312 lbs with BMI 55

Surgery Date: 11/11/15 -  271 lbs;  3 Wks Post-op: 12/02/15 - 253 lbs with BMI 44 

Neesie57
on 11/7/15 12:15 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I was so excited to pack my bag a couple of days before the surgery, putting in make-up and hairbrush, chapstick, toothpaste, toothbrush, slippers, etc.  All I ended up using was the toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick and hairbrush.  I was only the hospital for one night.  I slept almost the whole time I was in the hospital, and other than going to the bathroom and walking the halls, I didn't do anything else.  

When I told my daughter the I packed makeup, she said, "Oh mom, you're so cute thinking you're going to want to put makeup on."  She was right, it didn't even cross my mind.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

LS2dv8
on 11/7/15 12:30 pm

Hey, clean clothes to go home in,  easy to put on shoes,  good chapstick is essential,  your current meds, I took gas x strpis, toothpaste and tough brush and hair brush.... a pillow for the ride home and you are good to go

Good lauck!  I hope it all goes fantastically 

LS2DV8

paflyersgal
on 11/7/15 4:23 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

First good luck!! 

I took flip flops and comfy pants for the next day. I slept the whole time I was there. I made sure I had my phone and charger, toothbrush/paste other than that.. I didn't take anything. I was pretty much drugged the whole night and slept most of the time. I talked on my cell phone maybe twice but all I wanted to do was sleep and go to the bathroom.. IV fluids made me potty like every 10 minutes.. Lol the nurses were probably hating me. LOL. My IV was plugged into the wall so they always had to come unplug me.. Haha best wishes!!!

Karen

mrswallin
on 11/9/15 1:36 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

Glad I'm not the only one trying to get through these last two days!  My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday as well.  My plan is to take comfy clothes for the ride home, slippers (my feet get insanely cold already), toothbrush/toothpaste, deodorant, phone, iPad and charger.  My husband is having the same surgery, one hour after me, so if I feel up to it I will get up and walk to his room to see him.  I have some books downloaded to my phone and iPad to read, if I feel up to it, but mainly I plan to make the best use of the time to rest before we go home to all of our kids.  :)

VSG Scheduled: 11/11/15 // Age: 40 // Height: 5'8"

HW: 266 // SW:     // CW: 246 // GW: 140

Pre-Op Clear Liquid Diet: -20 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views