getting back on the horse - I've fallen and fear I can't get up

Stacy160
on 5/11/18 8:15 pm

HEY, LAUR!!!

Am I right in thinking that we had our surgery the same day?? (should have looked before I hit the Reply button :D )

But yeeeaaaahh... here we are 8+ years out. I did great maintaining for a year and a half, and then the sugar grabbed me again. Wish I'd known about sugar addiction then, before I gained better than half my weight back. So I'd gone from a high of 258 down to 172 where I maintained, and up as high as 226 last August when after learning and reading about sugar addiction, so many things made sense and I suddenly felt empowered again. I had a setback from October to January while my dad was in and out of the hospital, but have been doing great again and I'm down to 191...so 35 of that regain GONE.

You know what it takes, and you know what to do! But would strongly suggest you research sugar addiction to see if you recognize it in yourself...once you know what it does, what to watch out for in yourself, it makes it much easier to just stay away from the junk in the first place and not let that "just one bite" turn into a full-blown weekend binge. Proteins, fats, low-starch veggies....you can do this!!

And, great seeing you again! Congrats on your son!!

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
NuMe2018
on 5/15/18 8:52 pm
On May 9, 2018 at 8:18 PM Pacific Time, Laurie S. wrote:

Long time member, been gone too long.

Short version - had surgery in 2010, lost 160+, got to onederland. Gained a little back via infertility treatments, still 130# down from highest (holding around 230-240) from 361. Baby (finally!) in 2015 - gained to 275 while pg, lost back down to where I am now.

FF to now - son is 3, eating is out of control - restriction is still in full effect - have friends pressuring to do beach body - tried, but my knee is crap.

I need a reset. Who out there has fallen off the wagon, burned the wagon, toasted marshmallows on the remains of the wagon and then realized that you need the freakin' wagon? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I normally just lurk here but your post cracked me up!!! I seriously needed the laugh from that last paragraph. LMAO!

Thanks and good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views