diet Rx to boost weight loss/metabolism?

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/20/20 11:30 am
VSG on 01/04/17

3.5 years out and faithful to eat the right foods and consistent exercise. Began eating bigger portions early during COVID and gained 5 pounds. Quickly began correcting that. Been eating smaller amounts and exercising (sometimes 2x/day) and have only lost 3 pounds in 3 months. Returned to my Doc yesterday and was prescribed Rx diet pill. I read that it is used to boost weight loss and/or boost metabolism as this sometimes happen with calorie restriction over time. Has anyone had any experience with this? Today is day one of the meds - so very interested to hear feedback. So afraid of falling into the yo-yo pattern that lead to surgery in the first place.

White Dove
on 6/20/20 4:53 pm - Warren, OH

So you are two pounds over your goal weight and been prescribed diet pills?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/20/20 6:56 pm
VSG on 01/04/17

Sorry - not clearly stated. I am 14 pounds over. I had slowly added some over the last year. My best weight was 145. I it fluctuates - but did not want to get over 150. I had 3-4 pounds of winter weight" that I was working on when March/April hit. That is when 5 pounds were added very quickly. I know that was due portion size...but that is when the difficulty began - only 3 pounds down since end of April....

Erin T.
on 6/24/20 2:44 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

How tall are you? You must be quite short to be prescribed diet pills at 150lbs.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/26/20 5:00 am
VSG on 01/04/17

Definitely - 5' 2"

catwoman7
on 6/21/20 7:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

this isn't a solution but just wanted to say that a lot of us can probably relate to that. If you're normal weight or within 10 or 20 pounds of it, it's a BEAR to get that off. I put on 10 lbs between last summer and the end of the holiday season. I've managed to take off five of it since then (so five more to go), but it was SUPER hard to get off. I've learned my lesson - I can't let myself gain weight again, because I know how tough it is to get rid of it once it's on!!

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/21/20 5:36 pm
VSG on 01/04/17

Thanky you for sharing and encouraging.

hollykim
on 6/21/20 11:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM Pacific Time, 3yearsandworkinghard wrote:

3.5 years out and faithful to eat the right foods and consistent exercise. Began eating bigger portions early during COVID and gained 5 pounds. Quickly began correcting that. Been eating smaller amounts and exercising (sometimes 2x/day) and have only lost 3 pounds in 3 months. Returned to my Doc yesterday and was prescribed Rx diet pill. I read that it is used to boost weight loss and/or boost metabolism as this sometimes happen with calorie restriction over time. Has anyone had any experience with this? Today is day one of the meds - so very interested to hear feedback. So afraid of falling into the yo-yo pattern that lead to surgery in the first place.

what does a days menu look like for you?

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/21/20 5:43 pm
VSG on 01/04/17

At least 2 protein shakes; 2 times a day - I eat chicken or beef. Eat veggies 3-4 times per week. Typically, spaghetti squash, squash, some sweet potato. Snacks include almonds/pecans; strawberries and blueberries with lite and fit vanilla yogurt or sometimes sugar free whippping cream. Thinking it the number of meals and portion size. Don't eat sugar (except a bite or two at parties/month), flour or fried. Don't eat out much at all - mainly cook at home.

hollykim
on 6/22/20 11:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 22, 2020 at 12:43 AM Pacific Time, 3yearsandworkinghard wrote:

At least 2 protein shakes; 2 times a day - I eat chicken or beef. Eat veggies 3-4 times per week. Typically, spaghetti squash, squash, some sweet potato. Snacks include almonds/pecans; strawberries and blueberries with lite and fit vanilla yogurt or sometimes sugar free whippping cream. Thinking it the number of meals and portion size. Don't eat sugar (except a bite or two at parties/month), flour or fried. Don't eat out much at all - mainly cook at home.

that's a pretty good menu. Do you track and measure? Many of us can't eat more than 800 calories a day or we gain. To lose, we have to drop bCk to 600 cals a day.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views