Jaxjules’s Posts

Jaxjules
on 9/19/22 11:16 am
Topic: RE: Bowel regimen

Thank you! I will ask about the Metamucil and Mirolax :-)

~J

Jaxjules
on 9/19/22 11:12 am
Topic: RE: Recovery Time for planning surgery

Hi there.

I have always been considered a very quick healer and tough as nails. My orthopedic docs marvel at my pain tolerance. However, I did not anticipate the amount of pain the left side (where they make an incision to pull out the stomach) was going to give me...nor the constipation from the pain meds. I work from home so I thought that just 7 days would be fine. I was wrong. Take 14 days minimum to be good to yourself. Today is post op day 18 for me. It is the first day that I feel capable of sitting, concentrating and somewhat comfortable. That is just my opinion but don't underestimate the downtime needed to heal. Good luck and congratulations!

Julie

Jaxjules
on 9/15/22 1:48 pm

Thank you Holly. They said I am not able to take any capsules and he did not want me taking colace, just trying with Milk of magnesia 30mg qd but can only take for 7 days. I asked today if I can incorporate prunes or prune juice into my diet but they ixnayed that as well. Hopefully when I get to my soft food phase I can regulate it better, but for now I am miserable.

Jaxjules
on 9/13/22 9:55 am

Yep, thanks. I'm off pain meds. It is the increase protein that is the problem.

Jaxjules
on 9/12/22 2:00 pm

Hello.

I am 12 days post-op and have just entered my puree diet phase. The L quadrant surgical pain has been a big challenge. Looking to see if there is a good bowel regimen to recommend? The need for pain medication, and the increase in protein (shakes) pre surgery and post to get up to the 60-80g per day has had a devastating effect on me with constipation. Especially when needing to bear down with a left side in so much pain and the post surgical gas in my shoulder blades, it has been very rough. At my 7 day post op visit my Dr. recommended I take Benefiber and Milk of Magnesia, but no "regimen" really, just read the boxes. Needless to say they are not working great. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views