Hey Vermonter's Who is Going to Dr. Spaulding?

Elizabeth C.
on 8/1/07 12:37 pm - Statesville, NC
VSG on 06/06/12
Hello Everyone, I am new here and just trying to figure out why our forum is so quiet? Dr. Spaulding gave me my booklet I hoped right on here and found this site very helpful. I was wondering how many of us vermonter's are using Dr. Spaudling's office, and Who has already had surgery and who is waiting to get surgery? If your waiting are you going to the informational meeting next week? Or when is your informational meeting? Thanks looking forward to meeting you all in this journey of life. Elizabeth
 With the power of God I can do all things!!           
Highest: 320  Surgery:  247  Current: 183 Goal: 145                        
jlw190
on 8/3/07 10:12 am
Hi, It's good to see some Vermonter on the site.  Yes I am waiting also.  My first meeting was in June.  I am one of Dr. Forgione's patients for the lap band.   I am from Bridport, VT. How are you doing? Jeanette
Elizabeth C.
on 8/4/07 5:08 am - Statesville, NC
VSG on 06/06/12
I am waiting for my meeting I am scheduled for Sept.  the waiting game begins.  A friend of mine is going next week.  We are getting conflicting info.  she was told that Dr. Spaulding does the band and I was told the dr. Forgione does the band so I am seeing him hopefully.  Have you meet with him yet. What is the meeting all about?  Have you started meeting with the dietician and all the rest of the staff? Elizabeth
jlw190
on 8/4/07 9:38 am
Hi Elizabeth. Yes I have met Dr. Forgione and he is really nice.  Chubby guy, very easy to talk with. He does the lap band and Laurie does the bypass.  I have met with the dietician once and the psychologist once.  And I have also had an upper GI to make sure I did not have a H. Hernia.  I have been to one support group which meets on the first tuesday of every month.  I was hoping to get there this next week but it is not going to happen. At that support group I met 3 other women all in various stages of the journey.  And there were two post op people there also.  It was fun talking with them. I wish the surgery  was going to be soon.  I have cigna insurance and they make you wait the full six months with no guarantee that they will accept you.  I am looking at January as being the soonest it would be done.  Sometimes I just don't have the patience. talk to you soon. Jeanette
Elizabeth C.
on 8/6/07 3:20 am, edited 8/6/07 3:20 am - Statesville, NC
VSG on 06/06/12

I have Cigna also, and they told me the same, at least two months before they will send the approval and then your not even guarneteed. Sorry misspelled. Nice to know he is easy to talk to.  Laurie is as well.  Hopefully he is willing to go to bat for you if Cigna is a pain in the butt about the approval. Has your appointment between meeting him and the others been quick? How much time off do you think you will take when you get banded?

Are you looking forward to the lovely liquied diet?

Elizabeth C.
on 8/9/07 10:45 pm - Statesville, NC
VSG on 06/06/12
I went to the Aug 8th Info meeting with a friend she did not want to go alone.  And I was very glad she asked, they said I would not have to go to mine in a month.  Childcare issues as my hubby works two jobs. It was very informational.  It is definitly a waiting game. The staff seem very nice that I met that night. Hope all is well, Elizabeth
stangcrazi
on 8/23/07 5:24 am - Jeffersonville, VT
Hi, My doctor is Laurie Spaulding. I had surgery 10/25/2006. I have lost 100lbs so far. It is definetly not easy and takes getting used to. Dispite this it is the best thing I ever did. I am more energetic, happy and excited I only have thirty pounds to go to my goal weight. Anything you would like to know or ask please don't hesitate ~Kristy
Kristina R.
on 9/17/07 11:12 pm - Morrisville, VT
I have my informational meeting on November 14th... I had one back in August, but I wrote the date down wrong, drove the hour it took to get to FAHC and found out it was the day before! I was SO upset.  So now I have to wait for 2 months until my meeting :(  I have Cigna too, and Medicaid as my secondary.  Do you have to diet for the 6 months, or just wait for approval?? I've been waiting to do this for SO long, another 6-8 months won't kill me I guess :(
Elizabeth C.
on 9/18/07 7:24 am - Statesville, NC
VSG on 06/06/12
I have to do the 6 month diet as well, which I have been losing on my own, my PCP has not been very helpful she sent me to a dietician, which is great and all, but that does not help when it comes to Cigna's requirements.   I've actually decided to go with the lap band and dr. spaulding does not do the band.  So I am a little nervous considering i've yet to meet dr. forgione. Good luck in your endevors. Elizabeth
jlw190
on 9/23/07 8:54 am

hi elizabeth, I haven't replied lately have I?   I did not make it to the 8-8-07 support meeting but I did go to the September one.  I have now done two of those meetings although only one is required.  I won't be going to anymore of those.   I have had 4 months of appointments now.  Next meeting will be Oct 4 and the last one will be Nov. 1.  Hopefully before the end of NOV it can be done.  I hope. I preped myself this week to do the 3 day liquid diet.  The night before I was an emotional mess.  I didn't think I could do.it.  The first day I think I had way to much liquid and just sloshed around.  The 2nd day was fine.  The 3rd was tough but I did get thru it and feel very proud that I did it.   Things I would do differently on the 10 day pre-op diet would be: Find soups with low amounts of sodium.  Preplan the day totally.  Take stool softeners along the way.   I am still seeking to find ideas from others who have done it and succeeded.  I have also been on the Lapbandtalk.com.  Good site. Let me know how you are doing Jeanette

Most Active