Group Meeting

kathyjoc
on 7/31/08 5:59 am

I'm just starting the process with Dr. Spauldings office. I have filled out the paperwork and been scheduled for my first group meeting in her office. If you have ever been to this, did you bring a friend or your spouse. The person I talked to on the phone said there is a lot of information at this meeting and I might want to bring someone. I've done a lot of internet research already so I'm wondering if I still need to bring someone.

tracyv07
on 8/1/08 10:11 am - other, NY
I just wanted to say hi!  Dr. Spaulding did my open RNY on July 25,2007.  I have lost 228 pounds so far. Dr. Spaulding is the best.  

As far as the group mtg.  I did bring my husband, but I also live 4 hour away.  Almost everyone else had  a support person they brought with them. Good luck with your journey and keep everyone posted.  Take care.  Tracy
Spencerb52
on 8/7/08 7:08 am
Hi Kathy,

I don't visit the Vermont board here, but do post on the Main Forum often.  Congratulations on starting the process!

I did NOT bring my husband to the introductory meeting.  My DH works about 70 hrs/week and it just didn't work out.   I would have liked to have him there with me, but there is the on-line video to watch that covers a lot of the intro meeting topics as well.  The majority of people had a friend, spouse or significant other with them.  However, the handouts were helpful and I just jotted a few notes on those to remind me of questions to ask later. 

Dr. Spaulding did my surgery on July 2nd and I have been impressed with her from the moment we met last year.  I wish you all the best on your journey!

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
kathyjoc
on 8/8/08 5:35 am
Hi Jo,
Thanks for the information. My husband is going to try and go with me. I just didn't want him to be the only spouse there.  I know at the begining all the waiting is hard.

How are you feeling since your surgery a few weeks ago? If you work, how long were you out of work?

Thanks again,
Kathy
Spencerb52
on 8/23/08 5:46 am
I'm feeling a little more energetic every day. The first few weeks were rough, emotionally and physically and a minor setback with a wound infection. No regrets though. The incisions healed well and there is virtually no pain!

I stay home with my 2 children and run my husband's business from home too. DH was kind enough to give me 1wk off LOL. I don't think I would have been physically ready to return to an out-of-home job for at least 2 or 3 weeks.
HTH!

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
angeleyes74
on 8/15/08 12:27 pm - Benson, VT
Dr Psaulding and Dr Forgione did my lap RNY on 7/30/08-they're awesome! When I went to the info meeting there were a lot of spouses and support people there. No worries-your hubby won't be the only one! Good luck! Becky
ChefLorrie
on 9/16/08 12:12 pm
Hello I am just starting out also. I went to information meeting and brought my husband. We do live two hours away though.  I have just completed my second month, they tell me it is about a six month wait.... wi**** was quicker.  I found the meeting very informational.  I now have to go to one of their support groups and nutrit. meeting next month. good luck to you.
angeleyes74
on 9/17/08 5:49 am - Benson, VT
I had lap RNY with Dr. Forgione on 7/30/08. He is a fabulous surgeon and the entire staff in his office is great. I was thrilled with how everything went. I started the process Dec. 6, 2007, so a 6 month wait for you is very speedy! Some people wait a year to have their surgery. Just do all your "homework" and they will move you through. I will be at the October meeting and hope to me you and any other OH members! Becky
ChefLorrie
on 9/17/08 12:57 pm
I will be at the Oct. 7th support meeting. We acually don't live too far........ i am in Poultney.  It will be great to meet other people.  Lorrie
Most Active