looking for help

Aaron C.
on 6/17/03 8:52 pm - Pittsfield, MA
I am a very overweight man (425 at last count, about 2 years ago), and I am looking to get surgery to help with my weight loss. My problem is that, like millions around the country, I have no current health care. My work place offered health care, but it was $300 to start it, and around $200 monthly to upkeep. With the bills for my apartment, I could not afford that on my salary. My mother, god bless her, has offered to take me in for what ever recovery time I need. I now need to find a way to get the surgery. Does anyone know of any studies taking place that it would be possible to get into? I would be greatly interested to know. Thank you. Aaron
dbrace3031
on 7/2/03 4:48 am - Colchester, vt
hi, first of all i take it your in vermont> if so get an appt with dr. spaulding asap, your primary physician will have to refer you...my insurance denied my surgery due to a clause and fletcher allen gave me a grant...if they won't pay all of it they will put you on a budget plan...i pay 50 bucks a month for 10 months and that is all i was responsible for....any other questions let me know...good luck!
Most Active