Recent Posts

mel R.
on 1/15/04 11:54 pm - lake city, fl
Topic: orlando get together--all invited-- pre op and post op
ORLANDO TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!MEET YOUR FAVORITE CHATTERES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DATE MARCH 19-21 PLACE ORLANDO, FLORIDA WHAT IS GOIN ON?------------------------------------------------- BRING FRIENDS AND FAMILY. INVITE YOUR GASTRIC SURGEON!!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER THIS IS A CELEBRATION OF WEIGHTLOSS OF PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!!!!!! WE ARE HEADED FOR AN ADVENTURE OF ROLLER COASTERS AND TRILL RIDES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT UNIVERSAL STUDIO'S ISLANDO OF ADVENTURE TICKET PRICE IS 45.17---INCLUDES ADMISSION TO PARK AND 10 IN FOOD I HAVE TO HAVE MONEY IN HAND FOR TICKETS BY *FEB. 19TH 2004* TO SEND TO UNIVERSALS CORPORATE OFFICE. WE HAVE TO HAVE 50 PEOPLE GOING TO GET THIS DEAL SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM!!!!! PAYMENT FOR TICKETS---------------------------------------------- PLEASE GET MONEY ORDER FOR 45.17 TIMES THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU HAVE GOING. EXAMPLE-TICKETS NEEDED 4 MONEY ORDER SHOULD BE $180.68. HAVE MONEY ORDER MADE OUT TO ME. I HAVE TO TURN IT INTO CASHIERS CHECK TO SEND TO UNIVERSAL. NO PERSONAL CHECKS YOU CAN GET CHECK DRAWN FROM YOU BANK FOR THE AMOUNT IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET MONEY ORDER. SENT MONEY ORDER WHICH EVER WAY YOU CHOOSE JUST MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT A WAY THAT YOU GET ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I GOT IT. WHEN YOU SEND MONEY, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW YOU SENT IT AND HOW MANY TICKETS YOU WILL BE GETTING. I WILL EMAIL YOU BACK ON GETTING IT SAYING I GOT IT AND CONFIRM YOU SENT RIGHT AMOUNT FOR TICKETS NEEDED. EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] SEND PAYMENT TO: MELINDA ROSELL MAILING ADDRESS: P.O. BOX 3551, LAKE CITY, FL, 32056-3551 HOTEL INFORMATION: I HAVE FOUND HOTEL NEAR UNIVERSAL WHO HAS FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE TO UNIVERSAL. Best Western MOVIELAND---1-4 people Rate is 56.00 a night if you book on orbitz Rate is 59.00 a night if you book on Best Western site both sites says kids under 17 stay free with paying adult. I have group request into Best Western for rate havent heard anything. Make reservation as soon as possible. They have plenty of rooms for the moment. They also have hot tub rooms for 139.oo a night must call Best Western to book that. I am watching rental car prices check with me on latest ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME [email protected]
TheresaC
on 1/15/04 6:10 am - Me
Topic: Obesity and Disabilty-TV search
Are you on disabilty due to obesity and interested in being interviewed by a major television network? Please email [email protected] with your phone number for more information. Thank you! Theresa Cloutier ObesityHelp.com Staff
K C.
on 1/11/04 10:21 am - Horseshoe Bend, ID
Topic: Sign petition & make Ins. Co. pay for WLS a law!
Sign petition & make Ins. Co. pay for WLS a law! Your help is needed! Click on the link below to help make this happen! And don't forget to write to your congress members. http://www.PetitionOnline.com/07221976/
Santa C.
on 12/24/03 1:34 am - Elf Land, AK
Topic: Greetings!
I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Waist Line! You are all doing so well no matter where you are in your journey - - - Keep up the good work and don't be naughty! Ho, Ho, Ho. Santa
Tammara F.
on 12/16/03 3:28 pm - Cleveland Hts., OH
Topic: Nectar is DELICIOUS!!!
I just have to thank everyone who suggested NECTAR protein drinks as a preferred drink. A few samples arrived in the mail today and MAN!!! It is sooooooo good. It tastes like kool-aid, only better. It has NO carbs and NO suger and 40 some grams of protein per serving which is very high. I could drink this stuff all day. Thanks again everybody. I just hope my taste doesn't change too much after the surgery. Tammy 12/22/2003
BOBOKITTY
on 12/7/03 1:02 pm - MD
Topic: The Media Has me Pissed!!!
Hi ALL, This is my take on this whole darn 1/50 mortality rate from WLS thing. When you are Obese the statistics say blah blah blah % of Obese die. They say we are lazy that we have low self esteem and that we need to just pull back from the table. So, what do we do? we go on a diet and start to loose weight spend tons of money on the weight loss crap. Then what? We gain it back and then some, they say we did not try hard enough, we have no will power. Ok then we have a more permanent form of weight loss which is what? the surgery and now they say blah blah blah % died due to complications from the surgery. I said all of that to say this, we are in a no WIN situation with the Media and their @#$$%&$!!!! Statistics. I say to hell with them all, because we stand a greater RISK of MORTALITY by being Obese than we do haviing the surgery. Complications arise in every facet of everyday life. There are people who die from a routine exploratory surgery, do we hear about that? No. There are women who die giving birth, there are people who die after having a tooth pulled. But none of these things are broadcast. It is just another way to TRY and I stress TRY and keep the BIG KIDS DOWN!!! But here on OH we got news for them, we are NOT backing down, we say have fun with your statistics and CRAP because we are finally going to do something for US and we are going to stand up for what we believe in. That is why this site is so vital and it is so important to support one another because we have so many odds against us. This is not the worlds fight this is our FIGHT and together if we stand TALL we can win this thing. Good Luck to all of the PRE- OPS and just know that although this is not an easy task you have a lot of support here for you when you cross over. You can email me anytime and I will respond I will even call you if you need to talk. Just no that you are not alone we are here to help. Love ya!!! Adrienne
BOBOKITTY
on 12/4/03 12:48 pm - MD
Topic: I am in deep mourning!!!
It has finally come to me after all of the wonderful responses I received from my last post. I am in deep mourning. I have loss my best friend. FOOD. It never dawned on me before that I abused food the way I did. I never realized how much I depended on food until now. I find that as soon as I am stressed good or bad I am ready to reach for something to shove in my mouth. So I had to find something else. It is still hard no matter how much I try and divert my attention to something else,but at least it is a start. I bought the Gazelle Elite by Tony Little and now when I am stressed good or bad I HOP on Tony and ride into the sunset. I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your kind words and heartfelt emails. I know this is just the begining for me and that things will get better. I am slowly but surely learning the meaning "Patience is a Virtue". Adrienne
BOBOKITTY
on 11/28/03 7:14 am - MD
Topic: I need Answers Please!!!!
Hi All, It's that time again. Yes, for me to vent. My support systems are in order, my weight is pulling off fast, but fast in who's eyes? Not mine that is for sure. Oh you look so good, to who? Not me. I know you feel good, No not really. Sure I can eat just about anything and not get sick, at least for now. Be thankful they say, oh but I am thankful. So what are you trying to say they ask? I am doing this thing because I have no choice at his point I say. But in the meantime can anybody tell me when does it get better. I have talked with my therapist, I have talked with my Lisa C. I have talked with Lisa D. I have talked with Wendy, I have talked with Debbie and tons of others. But when do I feel better I ask. Now what I need to know is the real deal. I need to talk to someone who is having the emotional difficulties that I am having. I am not sure what is wrong, is it just me, am I the only one that feels this way. I mean I read post after post after post and I hear all the glitz and glamour, but I have yet to come across anyone that has really displayed any real emotional trauma. If you are out there please respond because I need to talk. If you do not wanna tell your story on air please email me privately. I just need to know am I the only person that feels this way. I can give very good advice, and I can give lots of support and say encouraging things and mean them from the bottom of my heart, but I can not take my own advice, I am terrible at being my own support person. I am not trying to scare and new post ops or pre ops, this does not affect everybody the same, but for me it is beyond anything I could have evr conceived mentally and before I loose my mind I just need to know is it me? Am I the only person that feels this way? Adrienne
Margie L.
on 11/10/03 9:31 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
BOBOKITTY
on 11/9/03 2:45 am - MD
Topic: Hardest Thing ever
Hi All, I just need to vent to my family if you do not mind. Going into this surgery I knew that it would not be easy. I did lots of research and went to support groups and read articles and looked at TV shows that talked about it. In doing all of this and knowing the risk and the life altering change I still felt the need to have this surgery, this was something I wanted to do without fail. However although I do not regret having the surgery nor can I yet say I would do this again, I just need to keep it real when I say that having this surgery was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and maintain in my life. Without the sole support of my new best friend Lisa Cohen and my longtime friendship with Lisa Dunlap, I have no idea what I would do. Lisa Cohen and I had our surgeries about 2 weeks apart so the things I am going through now she is so helpful with, my day does not feel complete unless I talk to her. Lisa Dunlap is almost a year out and she gives me that energy and the reassurance that things will definately get better. I said all of that to say this when you are going through this, it is so important to have someone to support you. My husband and my best friend Lea and my sister Rochelle are all having this surgery and I am so glad that I am the Guinea Pig of the circle, because when they have surrgery they will have all of me. I will have already worked the kinks out for them, I will be there to help them from day one, I will be able to encourage them when they go through the depression and the battles of what to eat and what not to eat.. This is a remarkeable journey that all of the post ops have began and all of the pre ops are thinking of taking, it requires hard work and determination and most of all support from someone who understands and is willing to be there for you when you need them. This message board is such a great place to come and read and get advice, sometimes it can be a little intimidating on the main board because people will just beat you down and make you feel bad about your questions. Just thought that I would let all of you know that we are all in this together, weither i know you or not I plan to be an advocate and a great support person for anyone that needs me, I call people on a daily basis, i send numerous emails daily and I call my Lisa C. daily to see how her day is, this surgery is life altering for me and i intend to be as supportive as i can to anyone that just wants to talk. You can email me directly at [email protected] and I will take your number and give you mine and just know that I am here for you all, anytime of the day and night, because i do not want anyone to feel they are alone. This is a winning battle, not one without a strong and hard fight. I just want you all to know that support is the key to success. I hope that i have not offended anyone with what i have said, it was never meant to come out that way. i also want you all to look for regular post from me, because anytime I learn anything new that is helpful I will be on here sharing it. Thanks for listening and good luck to US ALL!!!!!
Most Active