Recent Posts

Aaron C.
on 6/17/03 8:52 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Topic: looking for help
I am a very overweight man (425 at last count, about 2 years ago), and I am looking to get surgery to help with my weight loss. My problem is that, like millions around the country, I have no current health care. My work place offered health care, but it was $300 to start it, and around $200 monthly to upkeep. With the bills for my apartment, I could not afford that on my salary. My mother, god bless her, has offered to take me in for what ever recovery time I need. I now need to find a way to get the surgery. Does anyone know of any studies taking place that it would be possible to get into? I would be greatly interested to know. Thank you. Aaron
vt_rita
on 6/14/03 9:07 am - South Burlington, VT
RNY on 03/31/94
Topic: RE: Stoma rescarring
Helen, from what I know, she doesn't do it anymore. It did not work. I didn't have it done but had a friend who did. It lasted for about a month and then she was back to the old habits. Best thing to do is eat dense protein first then veggies and each meal having a beginning and an end. This really works. Rita in Vermont OPen rny 3/31/94 Dr. Laurie Spaulding
Joe S.
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
star .
on 5/19/03 2:31 pm - OK
Topic: Stoma rescarring
I am looking to email somone who has had the 'stoma' rescarring by Dr. Spauling... Please email. [email protected] thanks
Most Active