I need some input on Birth control please

Billie Jo C.
on 8/13/12 3:05 pm - Spokane, WA
I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what kinds of birth control I should use. I had RNY a year ago and was told that the pill could cause weight gain. Has anyone had troubles with weight gain using the pill? What other forms have you used, and were completely happy with the results? Any and all input is welcome. Thank you.

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws    www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 4:44 pm - Olympia, WA
My doctor had me avoid the pill, due to the malabsoption aspects... So for myself and my lifestyle, I was advised using the Patch or the IUD. I chose the IUD... Don't have any children and I still wanted to wait several more years until I'm ready too. It wasn't pleasant to have put in (compared to my friends who have had them inserted after giving birth) but other than that initial cramp, its been working great for me!
Billie Jo C.
on 8/20/12 9:20 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you for the response, I was looking into the IUD as well.  I have heard the same thing about the pill and I'm still a little hesitant about it. I also heard the IUD can be unpleasant for the male in some cases? Either way all the feed back on this topic is welcome. Thanks bunches.

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws    www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws

Trieditallx2
on 8/21/12 9:19 am
RNY on 09/20/12
I'm still pre-op, but I have had an IUD for 3.5 years--and before that I had one for 5 years. I had the first one removed so we could have a baby and then PROMPTLY had it replaced after he was born!

I have the Paragard and I love it because there are no hormones and nothing to think about on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

It is definitely uncomfortable getting it put in, but totally worth it after about 2 days of moderate cramping.

My husband has never indicated that he can feel it.
Most Active