Got a DATE!

merrillee
on 11/21/12 9:16 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12

After losing my band two years ago, gaining back a LOT of my weight, going through the 6 month supervised diet, etc. etc. etc.  I AM APPROVED for Roux en Y bypass!  DATE is December 3 with Dr. McMahon at Swedish in downtown Seattle! 

Here we go!!!!

Merrillee

Susan O.
on 11/26/12 5:10 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Oh Merrillee, I am so happy for you!! Merry Christmas!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

merrillee
on 11/26/12 7:05 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12

Thank you!

What a ride....

Merrillee

kakkling
on 11/26/12 6:07 am - Tac, WA

The 3rd will be before here before you know it. What a great way to start the New Year! l am so happy for you!

YEAH!!!!!

Kelly

merrillee
on 11/26/12 7:05 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12

Hey Kelly!

Thanks!  Looks like you've done very well with the band.  So happy for you!  Did you know that Debbie and Dave moved back a couple weeks ago?  They are on the Peninsula....somewhere...LOL

Take care.

Merrillee

Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/12/12 2:01 am

Kelly,

I see that you were a patient of Dr. Oh. Glad you had success. I was banded by Dr. Oh 4/08. I lost about 80 pounds but it was really a struggle and eventually I put it back on. I had to have all the fill taken out.So now I am considering a VSG in Mexico. Is there a support group you go to around here? Did you ever had bariatric nutrition or fitness counseling? Thanks~ Heather

kakkling
on 12/14/12 4:01 am - Tac, WA

Thanks Heather, 

I do feel like one of the lucky ones. Not to say I have not had problems with my band.I did have a to have my port replaced in 2010.  

I go to a support group in Fife. We meet at the Poodle Dog at 6:30 pm, the 2nd Tue of the month. I also go to a support group in Sea-tac on the 2nd Sat of the month. We meet at the library at 10 am. Both are good groups. There is group that meets in Parkland. I am not sure of the day or time, but if you are interested I could get you the information. 

Why did you have to have your fill taken out if you don't mind my asking? 

I did have to do 6 months with a nutritionist before my surgery and one visit after my surgery. I am a slug, so have not really done any kind of activity, I know I should. I plan to...lol At the Poodle Dog meeting there is a personal trainer that comes to our meeting. 

Hope to see you at one of the meet. Good luck with your revision.

Kelly

Kelly

Heatherneedshelp123
on 1/7/13 3:47 am

Kelly,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been hanging out at verticalsleevetalk.com lately. I am definitely interested in the Sea Tac group. I live in Renton and that probably is the closer one. 

Group Health finally agreed to help me with my lapband because I was struggling with it. Some day I could'nt eat anything and other days it was touch and go. I would throw up 5 x daily on the average. I always had to smoke a cigarrette just to calm my stomach and lately I would drink a ****tail before dinner to relax in order to eat. Not very good habits! So Dr. Bock at Group Health completely unfilled me to give me a break. That way nothing would be inflamed before surgery. Group Health thought I should have the lapband removed and a gastric bypass performed. It was not covered under my policy so my cost would be $30K. But unfortunately our surgeon quit/fired and the bariatric nurse decided I was not serious enough about my surgery and gave away my date. But everything happens for a reason. We interviewed several surgeons in the area and came across the concept of #1 getting the sleeve instead of the bypass and #2 having the revision done in Mexico. We were skeptical at first and talked with several doctors before coming across the one we chose. I am scheduled to fly down in two day and my surgery will be January 10, 2013. I am  very excited about this fresh start and feel lucky to be given this opportunity to try it again.

What I really want to find is a reasonable nutritionist that is familiar with bariatrics and a personal trainer. Can you reccommend any?

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you soon!

merrillee
on 12/7/12 9:27 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12

Hey all,

Had my RNY on Monday the 3rd. Was a little more complicated and had to stay in the hospital,  Had scarring and adhesions on my stomach and liver from the band.  So they had to do some repair of my liver. Had to fix yet another hernia in my bellybutton.  Yuk.   Spent an extra two days in intensive care, blood transfusion and platelets.  Been poked and prodded so many times, I lost count. BUT!  Finally got home today and feeling really good. 

Just glad it's over.  My honey is taking good care of me and we have friends coming over tonite.

Onward!

Merrillee

kakkling
on 12/10/12 4:55 pm - Tac, WA

Merrille,

Glad you are home and on the mend! 

Take care,

Kelly

Kelly

Most Active