HELP. Had a Complete breakdown due to reversal of sugery

pixie98208
on 6/7/13 10:25 am

I had by original surgery in 1997. Four years ago I started feeling nauseous frequently and throwing up. It continued until it was daily. Massive tests were done and nothing was found. We decided something unseen must be wrong and that my bypass should be reversed. Now the Nausea is gone but I know from past (and present) that I will not be ablet o keep the weight off. Does anyone know if the bypass can be done again?

vitalady
on 6/9/13 1:09 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Who was y our original doctor and what was your original surgery?

What rx meds were you taking? Were you, for example, taking Creon?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

pixie98208
on 6/9/13 11:01 pm

My original doctor Dr. Fox and Dr. OH. Stomach was stapled and intestines extremely shortened (other than  that I dont know the name, it was 15 years ago.

No, I was taking Creon. I wasn't on any medication at the time (on a lot now and also have sleep apnea.)

vitalady
on 7/9/13 9:07 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I have the same surgery as you, exactly.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 6/25/13 9:23 am

So it has been redone, or not yet? If you had a bypass, and they reversed to solve problems, I doubt they would re-do it.

vitalady
on 7/9/13 9:22 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
*****versed you? was it reversed? or revised?

I spent the last 2 years similarly, however, the more tests they did, the more assured I was that my surgery was intact and working fine. My problems were in no way related to the surgery, even as hard as they tried to prove it. Meds were too high dose for me (debilitating nausea); my own body has had independent thinking since I was a kid (constipation, insomnia, random spasms), some autoimmune disorders diagnosed at least 10 years BEFORE my surgery, then the genetics of my family kicked in as the birthday**** the milestones.

The only thing I can blame on the surgery was living long enough to have my particular set of genetics come into play. Had I died on schedule, before age 50, some of the problems I have today would have never happened. But drat! I lived these last 19 years, with a working, intact surgery, that allowed me to get old enough to have those other things start thwacking me.

My surgery was 1994, age 44. My ex died in 1996, age 49. Why do I mention that? He could have had surgery. He had the co-morbidities, he had good insurance, and he was in this large nest of support. He died. Cholestero9l ground his heart to a stop. Had he had our surgery, the cholesterol would've been in normal range within 90 days. Here's what he missed:
1st grandson, 1998 (oldest son - red shirt in this pic)
1st grandaughter (and her wonderful mom) in 2003 (younger, blue in this pic)
1st grandchild with blue son's new wife, the only redhead in the batch. (2010)

he missed the wedding of blue son to wife #2. His wedding to wife #1 was in Ireland, so we all missed that one.

he missed the 2 wonderful girls blue son married. (psst, I tried to get wife #1 to marry red son so I could keep her.. she declined, since he was already married, but that seemed a trifling detail to me- didn't want to lose her)

he missed red son completing the apprentice program at the navy yard here. he was unable to do it himself, and didn't want his kids to work at the shipyard (crazy-best insurance on earth), but he'd have been very proud that red son completed the course WITH HONORS

he missed seeing what kind of men/husband/father they became.

So, maybe it's better that I didn't die on schedule, because I'm still seeing it all unfold and he's not here. I get kinda mad at him sometimes because he could've just nodded his head to have surgery, and it would've happened. With his insurance, that's all it would've taken. I had to scratch and claw for a year to have. Many people sell everything to get a chance at a longer life.

can you describe for me again what was done, by whom, when, and what problems made them think only reversal would fix it? In the last year, both revision and reversal were suggested to me, but IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SURGERY! Had I done it, I'd still be nauseated, but back on track to my morbidly obese death sentence.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

pixie98208
on 7/10/13 6:06 am

I had nausea every day and was throwing up everyday for the last 4 years. I had many different test done by many different doctor. I had my surgery in 1997 by Dr. Fox. 

I had if reversed on May 5 and now the nausea and vomiting are gone. If (I'm sure it will) the weight comes back,  will have another weight loss surgery with Dr. Anwar but a different type (just not the banding).

I do not blame the surgery. The Dr. thinks it's because of other surgeries I had that possibly caused problems with the bypass. I have had a few on my abdominal since then. Also in 1998 had a bowl obstruction and had to have even more intestines taken out because the were gangrene

I would do it all over again.

Kelli.

Most Active