Second surgery to have stomach pouch made smaller/LGB/TRICARE?

Sandy69
on 7/17/13 8:24 am - Fort Lewis, WA

I had my LGB in March of 2011 and the weight loss was great and I was heading towards my goal weight of 160 lbs. Well, that was a little over 2 years ago and now my weight is stuck at 180-185 lbs. I exercise 5 days out of the week for 45 min. and I eat healthy foods like fruit, veggies, yogurt and cheese. I avoid carbs and meat (I can not stomach meat except for chicken) but the weight is not dropping so now I am trying to find out if any of you had to have a second surgery (using Military TRICARE Insurance and/or Madigan Army Medical Center) to make the pouch smaller?

I still need to have a tummy tuck done but that has to wait until we get back to WA next year since the Army Base we are stationed at does not have a Hospital that offers surgeries, only a clinic. Yes I could go to an outside surgeon but I rather have the surgery done at Madigan Army Medical Center since I know and trust them.  

I would appreciate any information on a second surgery option (is it covered by Insurance, how to apply etc.). Thank you for all your help!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/22/13 2:03 pm
If you have a diagnosed condition with your stomach or bypass, yes. If you want surgery because you have not hit goal and that is the only reason, no.
Have your body fat tested. It could be you have less fat than you think.
TRICARE will not cover a cosmetic surgery. You must have ongoing medical issues that are documented.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active