Questions about Group Health with Medicare

mobailey68
on 9/16/13 11:40 pm, edited 9/13/13 12:57 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

Hello,
I'm in the process of getting WLS. I meet with the case manager on the 10th of October. I am nervous. Does anyone know what I should ecpect? I am also impatient.

I have struugled since childhood with my weight and I feel now as if it is kiling me. I am so tire of being obese. I have tried so many diets and I always gain the weight back plus more. I have a BMI of over 60 and have sleep apnea, high A1C, bad knees, and high blood pressure.

I am so worried that I will be denied.

Thanks for listening,
Mo

Cheryl N.
on 11/18/13 4:20 am - Des Moines, WA

How did that go?

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

mobailey68
on 11/22/13 4:48 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Hi Cheryl,

It went great.  She was really nice and then scheduled me for a bunch of tests.  I have completed all of them except the pulmonary.  They just rescheduled me for the end of December.  I am not thrilled about that so I called to see if Bellevue could get me in any sooner.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I can't schedule for a pre-op appt until I take care of that appointment.  Things are going great.  I wish the whole process wasn't so long but I am using the time to get my head in order.

Thanks for asking,

Mo

Most Active