Well how bout that. Im th...

Amanda P.
on 5/7/03 5:30 pm - Wa
Well how bout that. Im the first to post here at are state. Hey all you washingtonians where are you? Im here in Lacey/Olympia, my surgeon is Dr Oh. I was denied by my insurance 4-17, my appeal is under review and will have an answer by the 15th. So Im keeping everything I can crossed and hope that I will get approved this time. Warmest wishes to all where ever your at in your journey. = )
Amber J.
on 5/7/03 5:46 pm - wa
Guess that makes me second.. I was also denied and am working on my appeal.. This is a very hard and frustrating process..
Kelly E.
on 5/7/03 6:58 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hello all, well I have 9 more days till I'm on the other side. I went to a support group tonite and received some info that I'm sure I'll need. Getting the pre op jitters!!! I know things will be fine, it's so normal to feel this way. Amanda, just keep hounding them, and good luck with it...
Sandy F.
on 5/8/03 4:39 am - Olympia, WA
Hey Everyone - I am in the Lacey/Olympia area, too. Right near St. Pete's but am having my WLS in Federal Way at St. Frances. My surgeon is Dr. Srikanth, but Dr. Oh will be assisting. My date is June 10th. I was lucky and had no problems with my insurance approval. I am married and have two kids, 8 and 10 yrs old. I am ecxited and nervous and irritable all at the same time. I am currently looking for a more local support group to attend. The one I am going to attend next week is in Tacoma and none of the memebers there have the same Doc that I do. Maybe we can start one of our own? Godspeed to us all!
TimeTraveler1960
on 5/8/03 8:04 am - Tenino, WA
I'll cross my fingers for you too! I had to fight the insurance companies but I finally was approved. I have my surgery on Sept. 17, 2002 and so far I am down 140lbs. It's wonderful. Just keep your chin up and appeal, appeal appeal or change insurance if need be. I live in Tenino not to far from Oly., I just found a support group at Capital Medical Center that meets the last Tuesday of the Month, you may want to check it out. Take care and good luck to you. It is well worth all the frustration.
Hilda R.
on 5/8/03 3:56 pm - Bucoda, WA
Hello everyone, I'm in the Tenino area also and plan to attend the meeting at Capitol Medical Center (5/27). I have been researching WLS for 2 yrs, my insurance has an ironclad exclusion, I sought other ins. and thought I had it made, but now this one is telling me NO, I won't give up tho, just means I gotta work alittle harder......I've attended a seminar at the Wish Center and was wondering if anyone has any input on them.
bjrfromwa
on 5/22/03 9:38 am - tenino, wa
i live between tenino and olympia. am interested in the cap. support group. what time is the meeting?? i am trying to decide what to do.
bjrfromwa
on 5/28/03 6:48 pm - tenino, wa
i did attend last night. it was a small group....6 total...3 post op, 3 pre. it was a good meeting and the facilitator seems to have a true concern for the group. i will go again. joanne
Patti A.
on 5/29/03 5:37 am - Lacey, WA
I am in Lacey/Olympia area too, my scheduled date is July 9th up at Madigan Army Hospital. They have a 18 month waiting list, but since I need it for medical reasons they bumped me up a bit. Feel really bad for all who have to fight so hard to get the help they need .
Most Active