Hello to all from Longview

StormyinOregon
on 6/3/03 11:48 am - Longview, WA
Hi, I'm 35 (almost 36) married, and mom of three. I am in the early stages of the WLS process. I have done all of my pre-ops, did the phone consult thing with Dr. Fox, and the mountain of paperwork was sent off(hopefully) June 2,2003.I hope my insurance (BC/BS Illinois PPO) comes through because I am really wanting/needing this surgery. I would love to hear from others because I am really feeling that I am not getting very much emotional support from my family. They seem to have the attitude that I should just be able to push myself away from the table. I have had more support from complete strangers than my own family! My BMI is 53.3, and I am at the heaviest that I have ever been in my life at 340 pounds on a 5'7" frame.My email is [email protected]
deanaferrari
on 6/6/03 11:29 am - Lake Stevens, WA
I can totally relate to the support issue. I get the *push yourself away* attitude and advice from my co-workers to my friends to my family. At a BMI of 54.? (5'4" and 318-321 pounds), I feel I have used and KILLED all those techniques - obviously, because they are simply not working for me anymore. I'm praying that this surgery will make those techniques actually work. Good luck with the insurance approval. From what I understand, Dr. Fox's office are pretty good at getting approvals from insurance companies. I looked into Dr. Fox as my surgeon, but my insurance has an airtight exclusion and my PCP is diabolically opposed to this surgery, so I didn't even try. I'm going to Dr. Aguirre in Mexico, instead, and feel pretty confident that he's the surgeon for me. Keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes.
Most Active