6 month tracking of diets

Carolyn C.
on 6/25/03 11:19 pm
Does anyone know how to get around showing the insurance company that your doctor has tracked your progress for 6 months in a row with regards to diet. I have been on a diet for 40 years... Helllllooooooooo.. It seems like there should be away around it. I need the surgery really bad because if my type II diabetes and everyday it gets work. Or is there an insurance company that does not require that silly rule... Just hoping someone has some ideas.. Thanking you all in advance for any information
Annie O.
on 6/29/03 12:40 pm - Anacortes, WA
No, I'm sorry Carolyn I don't know of answer to that. My insurance doesn't have anything that has to do with weight loss so I'm a self pay. I'm trying to find an different insurance that will cover it - so far my progress is really slow. If I come up with anything I'll post it on this board. Good Luck! Annie
Amanda P.
on 6/29/03 3:06 pm - Wa
I can understand your frustration Carolyn, my insurance just slapped me with that a few days ago. I dont understand how thats going to prove medical necessity to them. I have already been denied twice and they said nothing to me about this stupid diet crap until now. Its like their changing their policy and requirements in hopes of people giving up Im sure. I of course wont give up, but its very deppressing to waste 6mo on another damn diet. Anyway, I wish you luck and I hope you find away around this rediculous policy.
Alexis C.
on 7/4/03 4:34 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Carolyn, I made up a journal with approx. weights etc. throughout the years with the type of diet I tried. I can email you my journal to use as a template if you'd like. It wasn't really that hard. My ins. was impressed by all the work that went into it. I think that doing something like that, made the ins. co. understand that I was serious about the surgery and really wanted them to know all the efforts I put into my weight loss. I can attach it to your email add. if you'd like. Alexis
Most Active