Doubting my decision!

soontobeme
on 4/2/09 2:41 pm
Yesterday I went to my preop class with the nurse. It was 2 hours long. There were 5 in the class, 2 men and 3 women. She asked who was having the lapband and both men said they were. The women said bypass. At the end of the class she said "Tonia you are having the lapband". I had to talk to the insurance lady and she said I told them I wanted the lapband. I know I told them I wanted the bypass. She said they had to contact the insurance company, it could take a little while. I go so upset and started crying, because I was so frustrated at this point. I called my inurance company later in the day and was told they changed it to the bypass. Now, I am doubting my decision. What if God wanted me to have the lapband? I also ask God for his guidance, and I never question him. So someone help me understand did I go against God's will, or could this be just a mistake? Should I cancel the surgery? Did anyone else ever feel this way? I don't have the support of my family to  ask these questions. They do not want me to have the surgery. I am worried, and in the beginning I was so excited. My oldest daughter is 29 and just found out she was pregnant. She was told she could never have a child, now look. God works is amazing. I now think maybe God is giving her a child to replace me. I am scared, someone please pray for God to watch over me and give me peace of mind and heart. I know things can happen, but did I just screw up?

Thank you all for listening to a crazy, scared woman right now!
Keiths_gal
on 4/4/09 9:20 am - Bluefield, WV
I know exactly how you are feeling!!  About 2 weeks before my surgery ( I had the vertical sleeve) I was calling my doctor's office to confirm my pre-op appts.  I was informed that my insurance didn't approve the gastric sleeve and that I was having the bypass.  I freaked out!!!  I cried so hard I had to hang up and call them back!  Here I had prepared myself for one surgery and then told I was having another.  Also, my doc had told me I couldn't have the bypass unless I lost 100lbs.  But I was very confident and excited that I was able to have the sleeve.  So I called my insurance and questioned all the problems, and found out that they did approve the sleeve.  The office worked at my doc's office could have called and found out but she didn't.  Anyway, after it was all said and done, and decided I was having the sleeve, I began the same questioning that you are going thru right now.  What have I done?  What if that was the plan God had for me?  I anguished over this a couple of days and prayed for an answer and I really feel God gave it to me and it was this....  I am not big enough or strong enough to change the heart and mind of God.  His perfect will for me will be (and was) accomplished!  I think that all the mix ups is just Satan's way of distracting and disturbing so just know that if you have put your life in God's hands, you or the devil can't mess him up!!

I had my sleeve surgery on 2/10 in Charleston, I have lost 93.5 lbs so far and I am so thankful for this awesome chance at a better life!  Congrats on your upcoming surgery and I look forward to hearing your success story very soon!

Karen B
Bluefield WV

pre-VSG wt lost 44 lbs
post-VSG wt lost 110.5 lbs
154.5 lbs lost as of 04/12/2010
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1998 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4704 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid