anyone had surgery with the camc insurance

callie74
on 7/24/09 10:49 am
hello my name is christina and im considering weight loss surgery for the second time. the first time i considered it at the time i was having personal issues. i got all the way past the psychological evaluation and chickend out. mainy because i had a boyfriend that didnt want me to have the surgery and i was going to dr shin at the time and due to my work schedule i couldnt attend the support. i work for camc as a pharmacy technician on evening shift.  i was wondering if anyone had surgery through dr rossi and what he was like and if anyone had the surgery using the insurance through camc. so far my family has been supportive. im just trying to attend dr rossi seminar's but so far my work schedule isnt allowing it where it is on tuesdays.  im 34 have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis and starting to have issues with short ness of breath. im too the point now that i now have a wonderful husband that will support me and im too  young to be having all these health issues already. i have been batteling with this for years. any advice would be appreciated
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/09 3:14 pm
I have spoken to others about our insurance.  It will pay, but you have a 6 month period to prove you can comply with a diet & exercise program.  So most of what Dr. Shin's program is requiring is on track.  I believe it requires a BMI > 35 with 2 risk factors and a BMI of 40 is not questioned.

I am a nurse.  I have spoken with the surgery nurses and the bariatric nurses.  Dr. Rossi's staff has the reputation of being much, much easier to deal with.  I walked over and handed my papers into Dr. Shin's staff directly.  I was amazed at how nice Katie and Vanessa were.  I immediately asked who had been so hateful with me on the phone since it obviously was not either of them.  It is something I will discuss directly with Dr. Shin.  I went to one of Dr. Shin's Saturday am sessions.

You can always call MSBCBS direct for the specific requirements.

Vickie
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views