ISO Surgeon in Huntington

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/09 10:54 am - South Point, OH
I had the RNY last August - will celebrate my one year next week actually.  Surgery was done in Kettering, OH, but I recently relocated to Huntington.  I am looking for followup care, and sent all of my records to Dr. Nease, who is affiliated with Cabell Huntington Hospital, but he refuses to accept me as a patient, stating that his caseload is too heavy already.  (Even though he is accepting new patients - I guess I am not a moneymaker for him?) 

Does anyone have any other recommendations for me for this area?  St Marys has a program but I am having a difficult time finding any info for them.  My other option is Kings Daughters in Ashland, but not sure if they will be in network since they are in KY.

Any information would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
butterjoy
on 8/15/09 7:37 am - Elkview, WV
If you were willing to drive to Charleston, WV; You could contact Dr. Robert Shin.  He is a wonderful surgeon.  Yes, he is my doctor.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

panhead58fl
on 8/16/09 12:14 am - Barboursville, WV
Hi Robyn,

I used KDMC and am very happy with them. Here is the link to their web site. http://www.yourhealthylife.org/ . The company I work for is located in WV but we have branches in KY as well so some things were in network and some weren't.

I'm sure everyone that has been successful thinks their surgeon is the best and I am no different. I live in Barboursbville as well and although it's about a 45 minute drive I highly recommend them. Dr. Wheeler was my surgeon. They have 3 surgeons.

Here is a link to St Mary's site. I checked them out as well but decided on KDMC. Nothing bad to say about St Mary's or Cabell Huntington, KDMC just seemed a good fit for me. http://www.st-marys.org/service_weightloss.php.

My Ins Co has a web site to check if a provider is in network.

pan head
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 9:46 am - South Point, OH
Thanks for the info!  I put in a request to both KDMC and St Marys.  Never heard back from KDMC while St Marys responded within two days and is accepting me as a patient, no questions asked!  That made the decision much easier.  I am also in Barboursville and am new to the area.  If you are ever in need of a walking buddy or anything please let me know :)
panhead58fl
on 8/25/09 2:16 am - Barboursville, WV
That's great. I am sorry that KDMC did not respond. St. Mary's will be much closer and I am sure will give you good care. My wife and I go to Barboursville park when she has the time, she walks and jogs while I run. She is just now getting into it. I prefer running in Huntington. If the wife and I are not going together I take my stuff with me to work and run from there, or go to Ritter Park. I like the path in Ritter Park. If I  am doing long runs I often run on the streets of Huntington and run from one end of town to the other. That way I can get in a long run with out going in circles like Barboursville Park. Barboursville is a great area to live.

pan head
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views