not a happy camper

callie74
on 9/24/09 4:52 am
hey guys,
 i just got a letter from camc regarding the changes for the employee insurance and effective nov 1 msbcbs will require a 1,500.00 co pay for all weight loss surgeries. i was disappointed because that means im going to be unable to have my surgery due to i cant afford the copay. i guess ill be back to dieting and dieting.  this is crazy because so many people need this surgery to save their life, but the insurance industry would rather keep paying dr copays rather than preventive medicine. anyone in the same boat i am

RedDragonLady
on 9/25/09 1:27 am - Morgantown, WV
I definitely feel for your situation, but it isn't impossible. If you can save $125 per month you would be able to do this in a year. This could happen even quicker if you put a couple hundred from your tax refund into the account. I know how hard it is to wait, but it is definitely worth it in the end. Don't give up. You might even consider telling relatives and friends that instead of Christmas/birthday presents you would like money to go towards this goal.
stashachick
on 9/25/09 9:28 am
Insurance companies always seem to change the rules as they see fit. I too have MSBCBS. It must be something new they started. Is there any way to appeal it if you have already started your Dr. supervised diet?
Stacy

SW/ 358 lbs .. Day of Surgery/ 313 lbs..  CW /276 lbs
callie74
on 9/25/09 4:40 pm
the letter i got was through my employer which is camc outlining the changes in the insurance. the 1500 co pay is effective nov 1 on all weight loss surgeries after nov 1. which my surgery date would be in may of 2010.  and of course with camc insurance you can only use camc's facilities if you want to make your co pay cheaper. i work in the pharmacy at camc memorial as a pharmacy technician. 
Jung
on 10/24/09 5:08 am - Charleston, WV
CAMC will work with you to create a payment plan.  Contact the financial office.
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views