hello everyone!

sarahbethbellum
on 9/25/09 6:56 am - Huntington, WV

hello all! my name is sarah, and i am currently working towards getting the band surgery in huntington, wv. i still have to turn in my flow sheets for sept and oct, then i guess that's when the battle royale begins with the insurance company. i'm still trying to decide which band i want. my dr likes the realize band the best, while i've read the lapband is better. but for now, i'm getting more excited every day!

can anyone tell me what to expect at this point, or how soon after i turn in my flow sheets will i get a date scheduled?

have a good day everyone!

RedDragonLady
on 9/29/09 4:21 am - Morgantown, WV
Hi Sarah,
After turning in all the pre-op stuff it took 3-4 weeks to get approved for me through M S Blue Cross. There was no battle for me, I was approved on the first try. After that it was another week before my surgery was scheduled, which was six weeks away. Six weeks goes fast. 
panhead58fl
on 9/29/09 1:37 pm - Barboursville, WV
I had my surgery at KDMC in Ashland and was told to wait at least 10 days to 2 weeks before contacting my insurance. In about a week I got a letter from my insurance company telling me I had been approved. I looked at it and didn't quite know what to make of it. I just couldn't believe I had got an answer so fast. I called them,"CIGNA",  and they told me that yes I had been approved. Hope yours goes as well.

pan head
skinnygirl1978
on 2/10/10 5:31 am
First of all, congratulations on taking the first step to a healthy life.  Secondly, my sister had surgery with Dr. Nease.  Once you think all of your information is in (I think it was her flowsheets, psych, dietary class), you should call the office to make sure they received everything. Once they got everything on my sis's, it was submitted within the next 3-5 days, and she heard back about 4 weeks later. She too had her surgery scheduled 6 weeks after being approved.
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views