Hello to all please read

nancy A.
on 8/13/03 2:13 am - Chauncey, WV
hello i had surgery 9 weeks ago yesterday and i have lost a total of 46pds. but today i said to my self i just dont want to eat anymore i dont know why i guess i am tried of chew chew chew it gets to be somthing for sure i said i am going to drink protein drinks and my tea and water help please i am doing good but i get tired of trying to fix the foods i really cant eat anyway i have wasted so much food just being able to eat a 1/4cup at a time i love the weight loss but the food is getting to me today is my husband's and my anv. 6years i told him we could go out and eat well i would watch him eat and i would drink i just dont want to eat for a while is this wrong does anyone else feel this way help thanks and god bless you all that read . nancy adkins
Lisa J.
on 8/13/03 4:52 am - MD
Hi Nancy- Don't worry--this won't last forever! I remember those days(not fondly) but you get through them and you move on. I am now 9 mos. post-op, lost 130lbs and can eat most anything I want--I eat out often--but I do stay away from bread, pasta and rice. I am SSSOOOOOOOOO glad I had this surgery and the few months of torture were worth it! Hang in there! There IS definitely a light at the end of the tunnel. Email me anfd I'll tell you more.
Michele S.
on 8/14/03 11:26 am - Alum Bridge, WV
Hi Nancy; Don't get discouraged, you had this surgery for a very important reason..to lead a healthier life and you are on your way. Try a variety of the things that you can tolerate. Even if it is doctoring up your shakes and trying flavored decaf teas, anything will help. I am only three weeks out and I went out to eat yesterday with my children. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays and I had a child's salad bar (cottage cheese, pear slice, and chopped boiled eggs with a little cheddar cheese sprinkled over the top and a dab of lite ranch dressing), they also sauted some shrimp for me in just butter (I was able to eat 3 small). It isn't the same as going out before surgery, but I was very proud of myself and you should be too. You have come quite a way since losing 46 lbs, enjoy the time that you and your husband spend together and don't deprive yourself. You have came so far.....as far as feeling like this, I think that everyone does. Take care Nancy and good luck! Michele Davisson
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1998 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4704 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6308 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5634 views