Cmon WYoming!

Janel E.
on 12/9/08 8:21 am

Howdy. Wyomingite here too.

1 week post op.

Jennifer M.
on 12/11/08 12:06 am - Casper, WY
Congrats on surgery! Hope you are feeling well and having a smooth recovery.
jennw_1981
on 12/19/08 1:08 am
Wyoming...yep...I'm here, too.  :)   Haven't had surgery yet...am just in the initial phase.  Haven't had the greatest luck so far though...Insurance companies are the DEVIL!!! LOL.  Anyhow, the way things are going right now, I probably won't be on the surgical side of things for another 6 months to a year...**SIGH**   It was supposed to be January, but my insurance company can't make up their mind on what they require before I can request the surgery.  Reeeeeally flustered this week.  Grrrr!  Nice to meet everyone! Best of luck on getting healthy!!  :)

Jennifer
Grannymae
on 1/11/09 12:53 am - Green River, WY
Jennifer, keep us updated...one thing about the time in between you can  get a lot of information on this site so that you are well prepared :)
jhwy0516
on 1/12/09 11:23 am
Hello!  It is nice to hear that everyone is doing well!  I had my lap RNY Nov 15.  Almost 3 mos post op and now doing great.  I had a rough recovery.  I had a long stay in the hospital due to pain from the way I was positioned during surgery.  That finally subsided.  Then I began vomitting profusely enough for it to scare me.  Turns out that I had a stricture (the stoma healing shut) so I had an endoscopy with stretching done.  And then the process started over.....stricture again.....my surgeon told me he had only one other patient in the past 25+ years to have it done twice......just my luck.....so another endoscopy with stretching.  After the second one, I was still vomitting, so they did a CT scan of my upper GI to check for obstruction.  None found.  That was good but the vomitting didn't get better until I took a step back with food progression.  I was doing what I was supposed to/allowed and my body just wasn't ready for it.  I am doing so much better now.  It is nice to not be sick everyday, multiple times a day anymore!  I am down 54 lbs in less than three mos.  Last measurements were 25 + inches lost!  I need to remeasure since it has been about a month since I did the last ones.  What an amazing roller coaster ride!  I always try to stress to anyone who doesn't know much about WLS, that it is not an easy fix.  It's not an easy journey.  It most definitely is an awesome tool given to us.  I am proud to use my tool and change my life to better it!  Cheers to us!
Chasity
WyoGirl
on 1/14/09 11:02 pm - Casper, WY
Hello my Wyoming friends!!! I have not had surgery yet, but plan on having it in March. My insurance company requires that I do a 6 mo medically supervised weight loss program before they will approve. I  am now in my 4th month, so that puts me around March/April for surgery. I love the information and support that I get from OH. Keep it up Wyoming!

Betty
Casper, WY
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5122 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5716 views
February 20, 2013
pinklowrider · 2 replies · 6264 views
Good Morning Wyoming
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5643 views