FYI Laproscopic RNY

jenafwife
on 3/12/05 2:19 am - Blue Ridge, GA
I had Gastric Bypass 7/03 Laproscopic. Jan 04 Tricare decided not to cover it anymore Laproscopic but would pay for the open procedure. My daughter had not decided yet to go thru with GBS and when she did decide unfortunatly they quit covering the Lap so she had the more invasive Open. Anyway I was in my surgeon's office this past week and they told me that in the past couple of weeks Tricare is now covering Gastric Bypass both Open and Laproscopic. I hope this is true it is much easier to recover from than the open.
kbars
on 3/16/05 11:33 pm - Clyde, TX
Jen, I just had Lap RNY Monday, March 14th and I'm Tricare Prime. Have your daughter look into it again. As for me, I can say that my recovery has been just wonderful and without complications.
jenafwife
on 3/17/05 1:57 am - Blue Ridge, GA
Its already too late for my daughter as she already had it open before they started covering the Lap again.
dolpinette
on 4/5/05 4:38 pm - Vandenberg AFB, CA
I too had hear this, my consult was Feb 14, 05 and I have been approved for Lap RNY, my surgery is April 13, 05 so they must have changed their minds, I had really wanted the DS but when I was told by my surgeron he could do the RNY Lap for me and still get the same results, I opted for the Lap surgery. So I hope that if your daughter wants GBS that she too will get the Lap. Good Luck! Teresa(VAFB,CA)
jenafwife
on 4/6/05 12:09 am - Blue Ridge, GA
Unfortunatly she had already had hers open before they changed their minds. But she is doing good anyway. Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Married during AIT?
airberg2b · 0 replies · 592 views
little rock AFB PCM
elromine · 1 replies · 369 views
hi
RJOLLY1967 · 2 replies · 394 views