Recent Posts

relovlee
on 11/4/09 10:58 am, edited 11/4/09 11:00 am - VA
Topic: RE: Any AF spouses out there?
Hey CinciC and CF  ..i do just about the same as you looking for boards like this..hardly ever any activity..how r u?
CinC_House1987
on 6/6/09 2:11 am
HI Everyone!

AF spouse here....just back from Korea and stationed at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA.  Can't wait for this to be over.  My whole family hates it here.  Only 10 months to go!

I had RNY at Scott AFB in 2005 and bright and early Monday morning (6/8/09) I will be having my LBL. 

We need more action on this board!

Bex
CinC_House1987
on 6/6/09 2:07 am
Topic: RE: I don't know if I can handle this again(Overseas Orders)
Jeez....I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Second, I'm thrilled to find you all!

Third, I had RNY in '05.  9 months later they sent us to Korea.  There were absolutely NO services for WL patients. 

Bex
CinC_House1987
on 6/6/09 2:02 am
Topic: RE: Triwest/Tricare appeal
Hi Christie,

I don't want to go into too much detail, but has your friend's doctor used the term, "skin rearrangement" when dealing with TriWest?

Bex
melissathe1
on 4/19/09 2:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
Topic: RE: Military wives, interested in a paid survey?
Currently, my husband is in California and will follow on to Korea for a year. I Have three children at home ages 18,17 and 12......Do I meet the criteria?

Respectfully.
Melissa
iamhopeful
on 10/19/08 3:56 pm - Abilene, TX
I see this is an old post, but I am new, so I'll still give it a shot!  I am also an AF wife stationed at Dyess.  I have requested Lapband surgery, and should find out this week if it is approved.  Are you still at Dyess?  Would love to talk with you about your experience.  Thanks, Julia
bon
on 4/24/08 11:43 am - Enterprise, AL
Topic: Military wives, interested in a paid survey?
Hey ladies, I found this online, you may or may not be interested. If you are interested & fit the criteria, let me know & I will get you in touch with the lady doing the paper. You can also forward on to any other wives who may be interested. I know some of you may not have deployed hubby's or children @ home, but ya'll may know of other wives who may fit the criteria. The following is what I found. I do not know how many she has, but she needs 120 Military wives to fill out the survey: "I am a graduate student in the communication department at UC Santa Barbara working on my Masters thesis. I am looking for women whose husbands are currently deployed and who have at least one child living at home with them. You will need to fill out a survey that should only take about 30 minutes to complete. You will receive $15 for your time!" I took the survey myslf, it wasn't bad. If ya want more information, let me know! My email is blouhaze@... If you are not interested, I apologize for bothering ya'll! Have a great day!
airberg2b
on 12/1/07 12:05 pm
Topic: Married during AIT?
Is there anyway while my fiance is in AIT that he can come home for like a 4 day weekend and we get married? Or can he take off time for that? And then if we do get married during AIT can i immediatly move to base with him?
kandy62
on 8/2/07 5:49 am - Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
I am a AF spouse. We are currently stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina.
kandy62
on 8/2/07 5:46 am - Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
Topic: RE: I am looking for advice and support
I spoke with someone from Tricare yesterday. They do not require the BMI anymore. They still use the 100 pounds over your ideal body weight. A good place to go get information is www.mytricare.com You can ask a question and someone will replay back to you in about a day. You can also check the status of a claim or referral. I use that because I had a referral go through but did not receive a letter. My referral had been approved for about 2 weeks before I knew about it. Good luck. I am going through the same thing. I went to my WLS Educational Class this morning. It went great. I will get my appointments for labwork, psy. consult, nutrition consult, ultrasound and endsocopy next week.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Married during AIT?
airberg2b · 0 replies · 591 views
little rock AFB PCM
elromine · 1 replies · 369 views
hi
RJOLLY1967 · 2 replies · 393 views