Looking to adopt

Krista R.
on 4/6/05 8:58 am - Lancaster, CA
I am looking for a good, smart, potty trained, little dog to be a companion to my father who is seventy and my son who is four. I would like a schnauzer or cairn terrier or jack russell, kind of dog. mixed breed is fine!!! I have been to my local shelter unfortunetly because of the breif amount of time spent with the animals the care takers can not tell me if one particular dog or another would be good for my family. I don't want to adopt and then find out that our new family member doesn't do well with children or seniors. I recently had to place a puppy with another home because he was just too much dog for both my father and my son. My son was devistated, my dad relieved. thank you Krista
Sethrmom
on 7/23/05 10:12 pm - Jennings, LA
Krista, I have several that would be great for you, but I live in Louisiana. What I can tell you hun, is check with Petsmart in your area & see if they allow local rescue organizations to go into their store & adopt out animals. I am involved w/a group down here that does this.
Krista R.
on 7/25/05 12:42 pm - Lancaster, CA
Thank you Loretta, Our PetSmart does do pet adoptions on occation. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the info Kris
mamamc
on 1/16/06 10:27 am - AL
I have done several resuces I think what you need is a calm dog nothing in the terrier group. Or maybe a kitten they are much more flexable.. than any dog... We have a kitten that plays endelssly..it plays fetch.. all animals need time...Unless you have time training a dog esp puppy is tuff..If you were going for a dog..We have found that any dog that has been in the dog pound..most of the time its aim is to please.also many dogs that are bread to sell are high strung..You also don't say how old your child is...Who is going to take care of this dog you or your father if its your father its best to let him pick the dog that gets along with his personallity..do you live in an apt or house fenced in yard or what?? I personally would never get another puppy the animals that are the best are older 2 yrs and up your going to have to train any animal might as well get one thats not a baby.easier to train them... a kitten just a plain kitten people give them away all the time when they are of age.. I maybe can help you if you get back with me. Wendy
Most Active