Tired all the time

I_ride_my_harley
on 8/15/06 3:54 am - Killen, AL
I am 2 weeks post op and i was wondering how long it will take before i get some energy. I am not even doing my walking because i just caint seem to stay up for long Help need words of encouragement
sunshinekatina
on 8/15/06 12:25 pm - Moundsville, WV
It WILL get better, believe me! It was very much like that for me in the first two weeks. I reasoned with myself that it was because my body was used to taking in so many calories and now it's getting next to nothing. All I wanted to do the first few weeks after was sleep sleep sleep. That changed when I was able to do the B-12 shots. So, I believe that when you're able to add your B-12 pills or shots (whichever you chose to do) things will really get better for you. Good luck! Christina 414/259/180
Megan S.
on 8/16/06 11:19 am - Glen Burnie, MD
This is going to be the wrong advice for some - so please don't listen if your surgeon has you doing something different. I reintroduced carbs to be diet about a month ago. Once I did, I noticed a huge increase in energy again. I'm now getting in 1carb for every 2protein. Usually something like 30carbs and 60protien a day. This has helped SO much. I work out 2-3 hours a day so I need the carbs and energy to get me through.
ruthie
on 8/21/06 1:29 am - Chapin, SC
YES , It will continue to get better .. your body has been through major surgery .. be nice to it and rest ..concentrate on getting in your water and work on getting in your protein .. this too shall pass Hugs , Ruthie
I_ride_my_harley
on 8/21/06 1:34 am - Killen, AL
Ty im now 19 days post op and feeling better even though i still do not sleep.... but at least im now getting my exercise.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/06 2:33 am - Conyers, GA
MAJOR SURGERY! It takes sooooooo much out of you! You WILL start to feel better - and stronger - as the healing process goes along. I was a good three months post-op before I really started to feel my energy level coming back, and I was relatively active immediately following surgery. Baby yourself as you heal. Make sure to get in as much protein as you can, since this helps with the healing process... also be sure to stay hydrated! Best of luck to you and congratulations on your journey! Kristi
Lavon
on 8/25/06 3:36 am - Turlock, CA
Renee, I am 16 days post op. I was really tired and had no energy till the evening time for the 1st week home from hospital. It was very strange. I felt like walking, in my house, round and round the house I was like an energizer bunny. In the middle of the night when I woke I would pee, get some sips of water in and then walk around the house. Unfortunatly, that lasted only for 1 week. Then I felt like trying to walk outside at least once a day for 15 - 20 min. I haven't done any walking in the last two days as something is wrong with my calves. I think I broke a vein. I have vacrose veins already. Since day one from the hospital I have some numbness in my calves and if I stretch them out, I get a very burning, stinging sharp, quick pain in the back of my legs around my knees. I am waiting today to her back from Dr office about the broken vein and the knot on my left calf. Ever since I came home hospital, I had not been able to sleep more than 1 - 2 hrs at a time. Most of the time, I wake up, and then go back to sleep. Some days, I am up in the wee morning hours for 2 -3 hrs and then go back to sleep. So I am also very tired. I just try and take naps all day long as I can. Of course, for some reason, my naps only last no more than 1 hr, Rats!. It's not because I need to go pee, I guess our bodies are just adjusting to this new life style. Someone told me it took several months to get back to normal sleeping. Once I was able to start Vit B12 that helped. Hon, I do hope you start getting some energy soon. Take it easy and this too should pass as others are saying. God Bless You,
Elizabeth N.
on 8/28/06 3:06 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Hi Renee . I hope that by the time you read this, you'll be feeling significantly better. In my experience with other surgeries, the first couple weeks are NASTAY. Then maybe things get better for a bit, and somewhere in that second or third week there's kind of a "backslide" after the first little surge of energy. Now multiply that by umpteen because you aren't eating anything to speak of, and you have good reason to be worn out!.....Stay hydrated, move around several times a day to keep your circulation in order, and I bet you'll be starting to pick up steam even by the time you read this. And if you don't seem to be doing okay by the time for your first postop checkup, Speak up!! Don't let the doc fob you off. Keep asking questions until you get answers you understand and can follow.
toroauntie
on 8/30/06 2:13 pm - Redondo Beach, CA
Renee, it does get better. I promise. It takes a few months to really feel like yourself again. Don't feel down slep when you need to and just make sure you are following your doctor's instructions. I'm sorry but carbs are not the answer. Besure you are getting in your protein, water and vitamins as you are told. You are going to feel like a million bucks sooner than you know. For know just relax and heal!
RICARDO
on 11/13/06 10:18 am - WATSONVILLE, CA
you need ......PROTEIN....or ask your doctor.....but my bet is you are not drinking enough protein....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9051 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11022 views