None whatsoever

Natalie K.
on 11/6/06 11:45 pm - Hamburg, PA
I had surgery almost 9 months ago and no regrets so far. The process is so much harder psychologically than physically (at least for me). I know that many people have horror stories about the surgery - I've just been blessed not to have any problems. My heart goes out to those who have had bad experiences. I don't know why some sail through the surgery and others don't, but this is why the decision to have surgery is one not to take lightly. It's a lifelong committment that truly works if you have an excellent surgeon and follow the "rules".
CyndiU
on 11/11/06 10:00 am - Hartford, SD
I agree. I am only 5 months out and I have no regrets. Its been a wonderful experience. Has there been some bumps and hard times - definately. But each was worth it.
Haziefrog
on 11/15/06 12:55 pm - AR
First of all I want to tell you that I also do not have any regrets, that said your post makes it sound like (and maybe you did not mean it this way) if you have an excellent surgeon and follow all the "rules" then you will not have any problems/complications/regrets. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have followed all the "rules" and I have an excellent surgeon. But I have still had complications......... I have had 3 surgeries for internal hernias, I have been in ICU 4 times and have had 14 blood transfusions. In the last 3 years I have had 13 surgeries, not all WLS related but most are. I just do not want people to think that those that have "issues" did something wrong, because we can do everything right and still have problems. But with all that I have been through, I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I can understand those that have regrets. Hazel
Natalie K.
on 11/15/06 9:54 pm - Hamburg, PA
Yes, my post was misinterpreted if that is how you took it. I'm saying that the success of the process in the long run relies heavily on doing your part and having an excellent surgeon. Obviously there are medical complications that we cannot control and to those who have suffered, my prayers are with them. I was blessed to not have suffered, but know many that have. This is a difficult journey regardless of complications. I'm sorry to hear you have had your share of problems and hope you continue to heal and enjoy your weight loss success.
kellyanne
on 11/29/06 8:32 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I am not trying to be mean or critical, but why do people who don't have regrets post here. This forum is for regrets. I remember just after I had WLS and things were't going well and I was terribly depressed...And everyone at my support group kept saying the same thing....I never had any regrets.... Frankly, I never believed them. I mean really, who takes a perfectly healthy digestive system, reroutes it, changes the whole way they eat, suffers the discomfort of major sugery and never, ever has feelings of regret. I think regret is a normal and healthy response.... I just think this is a place where people who have regrets need to have the space and the feeling of saftey to voice their regrets without people who do not have them commenting... Kelly
Nancy Degenmeister
on 12/18/06 9:04 pm - Bergen County, NJ
I agree Kelly...this forum isn't for cheerleading or bragging about how someone's had no problems. There are plenty of other places on OH to get that kind of feedback. I only come here to see if there's someone I can help...I know of some options outside of OH that might have information for people having complications or problems so I like to keep an eye out. While I have not myself had a bad experience, I've lost 6 people to WLS over the past several years and one thing most of them had in common was difficulty finding safe havens in online forums to voice their regrets and complications. Nancy
Casey C.
on 3/28/07 7:00 am - warrensburg, MO
Hi Nancy, I am researching WLS for myself.  Can you tell me what the connection is between wls and hernia's?  It seems there are a lot of post op surgeries for this condition.  Casey
Deborah S.
on 9/21/07 3:34 pm - Benton Harbor , MI

do you mean the people you lost died??

Horse         I want to ride a horse again

May you feel Gods blessing

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company