RNY and Lap-band

Amanda S.
on 11/8/06 2:44 am - Fairfield, OH
I just wanted to know if anyone had RNY and wished they had gotten the lap-band... or vise-versa?!
Jo Ann
on 11/14/06 4:39 am - Orlando, FL
I had the lap band put in on 7/13/05 it was removed on 5/31/06 due to medical complications (you can check out my profile if you want more details) I was revised over to the RNY on the same day. Honestly I'm a lot happier with the RNY. My husband has the band and he's doing terrific on it. He lost about 90lbs within the first 5 months and has been maintaining that loss ever since. He had his first fill about a month ago so we'll see how that goes. Anyways if you have any more questions please feel free to e mail me anytime!!! Jo Ann
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/06 8:54 pm - Northern, VA
Lap Band on 09/30/05 with
Hello, I have not wished I had any other surgery not one day since I had my band. Of course I made sure I had loads of pre op testing and I chose a skilled surgeon to make sure the lap band would be good for me from a health stand point. So far I have no reasons to regret my band, it does requires some level of discipline, at least 80 percent of the time. But I can say it has been the easiest diet I have been on. I can pretty much eat what I want in smaller quantities and still lose weight good luck N.
jespah
on 2/27/07 6:01 am - Denver, CO
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11026 views