VSG problems?

ramwelch
on 12/10/06 1:05 am - somewhere, CT
I am wondering if anybody has anything negative to say about the VSG after having one? I posted a similar question on the OSSG gone wrong at yahoo and got no replies except from people that hadn't had it. I ask because as it turns out it may be my only option for WLS. Thanks for any info.
pinklady
on 1/15/07 8:33 am - Cottage Grove, WI
Hi Marc, Did you ask this on the VSG board? My daughter had her VSG over a year ago and is going great ( almost at goal of 100% excess weight loss) and I think that everyone on the VSG board is happy with their choice. One of the great things about the VSG is the lack of complications. Priscilla
ramwelch
on 1/16/07 12:59 am - somewhere, CT
I have spent countless hours there, over 200 easy. And I have not seen anybody that is unhappy with thier VSG. That is why i posted it here. I thought maybe nobody wanted to be the only person in a group that wasn't happy. Actually I have spent time on all the different forums for each type of surgery and the VSG forum is the only one where everyone seems happy 99% of the time, and they are losing at an awesome rate as well. Congrats to your Daughter too.
pinklady
on 1/16/07 3:01 am - Cottage Grove, WI
Just saw you over there, didn't realise it was you!!! Hope things work out with your ins. I know that a lot of the VSG folks have been self-pay but hopefully that will change and the ins. folks will wise up. Priscilla
buhlgal
on 1/24/07 5:51 am - Buhl, ID
VSG on 03/16/07 with
I have been researching the VSG for 5 weeks now. Talked to countless people, not one person can tell me anything negative about the surgery. Post-op negative is.......can't eat too much or you throw up!!!! Well, I'll learn from those people and NOT do it when I am post-op and there ya go. I have been on numerous sites, trying to find anything negative about this procedure, and I'll be honest, I can't!!! Nothing..... Therefore, I have decided to have the VSG as well. My date is set for March 16th. I am so happy, but the wait is killing me If you want some of the sites for your own investigation into this and all WLS then I would be happy to list them for you so you can check it all out. I believe having a very educated decision is most important. Do the research and when you feel like you've done all you can and are ready to decide, it is only then that you make that life changing decision and proceed. Talk to everyone you can talk to, this forum under Vertical Sleeve is most awesome, people will lbe 100% honest with you and you will be hell bent on finding anything negative, I've been there for 5 weeks now..... doing research, talking, asking questions, every question you can think of I would ask. Don't be shy....:} You can email me personally if you want those sites at [email protected] Good luck! Betty
GrannyLaLa
on 5/2/07 2:00 pm - South,, AR
I saw a post on the Revision board where someone didn't lose but 50lbs or so and is looking into a revision of the VSG.  Otherwise I haven't seen anyone else unhappy with the VSG.

Glitter Text

PeloRojo
on 7/3/07 4:02 am, edited 7/3/07 4:27 am - CO
Revision on 11/24/07 with
If you cruise over to the board you will see some people striggling with stalls and feeling hungry. Some have considered revsions to DS because their weight loss is less than they'd expected. I don't know if we all have a natural set point that is hard to break, or if the surgery is just less effective for some people. I know that overall people seem very happy and have good results with low complications. The same is true for the lapband in my experience. Many peopl who had surgery around teh same time as me are almost to goal -- meanWhile I've struggled at lose even 1lb in the last 6 months. Every BODY is different.
avidtravlr
on 11/7/07 6:46 am - Toronto, Canada
I had a VSG in 01/2006 and have lost 230 lbs after PS.  There are two negatives that I can think of with this surgery.  The first would be if the surgeon is too aggresive and leaves too small a "banana".  This could cause serious problems as you would not get enough nutrician.  The second problem is a similar problem to all WLS....the ability to regain weight.  As this surgery has no bypass (hence less complications) every bite/calorie counts.  Good luck with you decision .  I knew I would not be able to live with the restrictions of a Gastric Bypass.
JSIL
on 9/20/08 1:59 pm

What size bougie is too small?  I think 32-34 is average.  I have seen 40 though.

Cindy F.
on 11/14/07 8:29 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Had VSG and love it.  And spend each day on VSG board and have not found a horror story yet.  It has been 2 months and lost 35 pounds.   Hope that helps!!!!! I love my sleeve.  The best thing I have ever done for myself. Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11026 views