After band removal questions

Angie A.
on 10/15/08 5:49 am - Burleson, TX

I know some of you have had your band removed for one reason or another but my question is have you kept the weight off since the removal?

My band eroded and I had to have it removed in Aug. 08 and since I have only gained 3 pounds.  I try to keep the thought that I can't eat much and think the band is still there and hope I can continue to do so thru out my life like this but I sure miss my band buddy.
I have come to know that I can now gulp tha****er down fast but after I do I regret it cause my stomach will hurt like I've eaten a huge meal.  I tell myself this is my band buddy getting on to me from the band heaven.

How has everyone else done after the band removal?????

GrannyLaLa
on 10/21/08 8:29 pm - South,, AR
Hello! I've seen a few on here that have had their bands removed and so far you are the only one I can recall that hasn't put back on most, if not all of their lost weight. You are doing pretty good!

I think the ex-bandsters hang out in different forums looking for revisions.  But if you are staying within a few pounds of your goal then I wouldn't worry about a revision.

Glitter Text

mpafford
on 10/22/08 5:57 am - TX
Hi Angie,

I am a fellow banster and Texas too!
I have not had many problems with my band, Thank you God. But there is a lap band forum here that I lurk on from time to time.
I am sorry you had your removed. I always worried about eroding.
I have had mine for 3.5 yrs.

Hugs,

Montie
Nancy C.
on 12/28/08 8:38 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Angie,
I will be honest with you.... no, I ultimately did not keep my weight off once the band was removed.

My lap band was removed due to slippage (emergency surgery) on May 29, 2008.  I actually lost a few more pounds after the band was removed.  I kept the lost weight off until the end of August, 2008.  Then it was like someone turned the light off.  I have gained 32 pounds in the last four months and I am miserable.

It is a terrible thing to do to the body to put on such an amount of weight in such a short period of time.  All of the things that I thought we gone for good are back (ie., my back hurts 24/7, my knees hurt due to the excess weight, my depression has returned 10x, none of my clothes fit me, my feet and hands hurt all of the time).

I am fighting the insurance company for a revision and I hope to schedule my surgery by February 2009.
Nancy            
Angie A.
on 1/6/09 5:43 am - Burleson, TX
Nancy sorry to hear about your band.
I have only gained 5 lbs since the removal and over the holidays.  I really thought I had gained more weight over the holidays because my pants fit different but I will get back on the band wagon cause I'm pretty hard on myself when I do gain a pound or so.  I just don't want to be the same person I was 2 years ago again.  I still can't really eat a whole lot but I think maybe it had something to do with the repair of the holes in my stomach.  Hang in there and try not to gain any more, I know you can do it.
A
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8463 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11000 views