Regret not going with second option

Mary Beth V.
on 2/28/04 4:20 am - Lafayette, La
I am 4 weeks post-op, and I suppose I have had the usual regrets of eating adjustments, dumping, learning to sleep in strange beds in strange positions, pain, infections, etc. My biggest regret is that I did not consult with another WLS sugeon who might have been a much better choice for me. I went through Liv-Lite, and their program pretty much handled everything for me. Though they were a 40 mile round-trip for me, I figured I really had no choice since that town is where the doctor worked. A trip to a local emergency room (pre-op) for back pain made me think about my choice. There are a couple of WLS surgeons just a couple of miles from where I live. Out of curiosity, I called and made an appointment with one. But my Liv Lite surgeon suddenly gave me a date, and I cancelled the other doctor's appointment without even consulting him. WLS is hard. It is harder than anything you can imagine. Problems arising from it now require me to find a ride to a so-so emergency room where my Liv Lite doctor works. So, YES I REGRET having the surgery--I REGRET WHERE I HAD IT. I went to the emergency room last night with an infection, and left after 3 hours without seeing a doctor. I have an appointment with my WLS surgeon Wednesday, and I will tell him that from now on ANY problems I have, I am going local. Southwest Medical Center of Louisiana is the absolute BEST. My suggestion here: Get a second, third, etc opinion, and do what is BEST for you. Afterall, it is YOUR body and YOUR life. Beth
Lois R.
on 3/6/04 7:01 am - Piketon, OH
Beth I am sorry that you had to go through such a rough deal with your surgery. I researched my surgeon and email pt. of his to see if they had had any problems. I have meet my surgeon and feel very confident in his ablities. Something good might come out of your expirence. Maybe someone else is in the same boat you were and have learned from this. I hope things are better for you. Hang tight.
rutlandbg
on 4/2/04 8:57 am - Pensacola, FL
Beth, By any chance did you have your surgery in Biloxi, with Dr. Rose? I am pre-op for April 29th. I hear Dr. Rose is leaving the area which makes it very scary. I am having to drive from Florida. So you can see how scary it will be for me, especially if something happens later.
brown S.
on 4/8/04 11:37 am - ellenwood, ga
THANKS FOR THE INFO HAD SECOND THOUGHTS IN MY MINE AFTER READING YOUR MESSAGE HELPED ME TO MAKE AN APPT FOR ANOTHER DR JUST TO SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT HOPE ALL IS WELL YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS.god bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 871 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8468 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9033 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11007 views