Sad and very regretful!!!

Gus H.
on 7/25/04 1:58 am - La Puente, CA
So how are you doing now? Do you feel the same? Sad?
Valerie Renee
on 7/30/04 1:04 am - New York, NY
I am really sorry to hear that some of you regret your decision. I feel that this surgery is a blessing and it was the best decision I could have EVER made... One thing to remember is that the same problems you had before surgery, you will still have after surgery. If you had a food addiction and masked pain with food, the same pain is there, only you can not eat anymore... If you eat the wrong foods now, or overeat, you are going to feel sick and lousy. This surgery is a lifechanging, life long experience. My suggestion to those of you *****gret this is to find a good psychologist to talk to. That will help you heal your head. Also, if you do not have a relationship with God, start going to church. The devil is a liar ! This surgery was God's gift to you to free you from the bondage of obesity and illness. It is the devils job to make you regret the surgery and put you in another form of bondage. Depression is another form of bondage ! God is faithful and just and He loves each of you and wants you to be happy. We were promised life and life MORE abundant. Not miserable and long suffering. Pick yourself up and stop having a pity party and embrace all that God desires for your life. Each of you are special and unique and there is so much more waiting for you, but you have to want it. Do not worry about not eating large amounts of food. Do not worry about what you can not do. Embrace what you can do and do it to the fullest. Be all that God purposed for you to be. It was not to be miserable and lonely. It was to be happy and healthy. You MUST seek help. You must talk to someone who understands and can help you move onto the path of healing.... Or you can just stay in hell because you have become familiar with the streets..... Please embrace your new life... your new beginning... Please seek help and start all over again ! Because of His Blood, Valerie
aflores
on 8/14/04 12:33 am - Chicago, IL
Valerie, It is so inspirational to see your message. I am considering GP and have been reading the message boards and trying to understand what people are going through (good and bad). I want to thank you for shining light in what had become a dim lighted struggle. I know through your words that it will be ok. Whatever choice that I make will be the choice that GOD has planned for me to make. I read your profile and see that your journey has been an enlightening one. Thank you for sharing. I would defientely ask that if I do decide to do the surgery; that you might consider becoming my "Angel". I meet with the surgeon next week (Sept 18, 2004), and we shall see after that what GOD's plan is for me. God Bless, Anika
Sally P.
on 3/26/05 9:20 am - Derry, NH
Valerie, with all due respect, weight loss surgery clearly is not a blessing to everyone who has it and I am not sure that the people who have posted on this site need their head to be healed. I think they want their bodies to be healed. I agree it may help to get some emotional support, but your post indirectly hints that the reason they are having a terrible time is that they need psychological help. I respectfully disagree. I think that this surgery can be a nightmore for some on the other end of it and I know if I was suffering to the extent that the people have who have posted on this site, blessing would not be the first word that would come to my mind. I, for one, am glad that I have checked out this part of Obesityhelp because I think that it has been life-changing and decision-changing for me to read these posts. They break my heart and terrify me. The person who wrote that she sold her soul to the devil to get thin, it made me cry when I read that. It touched my heart deeply. I have had that sentiment in my heart but could not express it correctly. I have the utmost respect for anyone and everyone going through this extremely dangerous and difficult procedure. Obviously, I am on this site because I am contemplating it also, but I think it is important not to make people feel like they have failed or need psychological help because of horrible outcomes.
SteveApril45
on 9/19/05 3:01 am - frostburg, MD
Hi Janie That is the whole idea behind wls.It is too help us stop eating,I ate enough for 10 people my whole life and it is the best thing I ever did,Food doesn't matter to me any more...........steve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8477 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9042 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11017 views