Let me keep it real

BOBOKITTY
on 8/28/04 10:20 pm - MD
Thank you so much, it is nice to get some responses from people who are not attacking me for what I feel and although I have an online support group of my own I try to reach out to all areas. I will definately email you so we can chat. Thanks Adrienne
Candik2
on 8/28/04 1:40 pm - South Central, TN
Hey Lady, I am originally from Alabama & I just want to apologize for all the ignorance spouted off by my fellow Alabamians, man if they wouldn't be perfect Jerry Springer guests I don't know who would You have a right to your opinion, just like we all do, I hate that this surgery was not presented to you in it's entirety, the good the bad & the ugly b/c for such a life altering surgery I think it should all be put out there. I have a friend who had the RNY, lost about 150 lbs & then gained every lb of it back plus more & my heart breaks every time I see her struggling w/her weight & weight related health problems now. So, you keep on keeping it real g/f. Candi
BOBOKITTY
on 8/28/04 10:27 pm - MD
Thank you Candi, I so appreciate your support and response. I am sad to hear about your friend, I sure hope all works out for eventually. I am going to keep on speaking my mind and will just have to deal with the negative comments because, I refuse to keep quiet for the one or two who have a problem with me. Thanks again Adrienne
shelp
on 8/28/04 2:43 pm - Anaheim, CA
Dear Lady A, Just a note to say hi, I have not read your profile and was wondering at what weight did you start out at? You have lost 76lbs and you are not yet a year P.O. you will lose more!! We have very close surgery dates I had open RNY on November 10th 2003 I have lost almost 84lbs starting weight was 254 @ 5'7" my WL has slowed down a lot but I'm still loosing and my Dr. said I will continue to lose. My point is I don't think your are finished yet! Give yourself more time!!! We all lose at diffrent rates and when we are not losing we can be losing inches, I know this to be very true!! I wish you all the best and please don't give up yet!! Love Sheli B...
BOBOKITTY
on 8/28/04 10:25 pm - MD
Thank you Sheli, I really appreciate your support. I have been upping my Protein intake and my water and I have evn taken to Bike Riding, by force of course My husband bought me a bike without my permission I have actually began to enjoy it some what. I have good days and bad and I just like to express both sides of the fence for me, but I thank you for your support and response. Adrienne
Debadoh
on 8/31/04 12:00 pm - Sumner, WA
Heck, I lost the post I was actually replying or adding to but it was something like this: "79 pounds in 8 months is a great weight loss" I'm pre-op, but don't blast me! The surgeon I'm dealing with says their 'window of opportunity' is like 18-24 months. So truly it's a significant weight-loss and you've got plenty of time left! They also really stress the vitamins and protein supplements. Their website even lists the amounts of certain things they want you to have. If you want to check it out it's ABOUTMSO.COM. I also hear people 'kickstarting' themselves when they start to slow down or plateau. I know you've probably thought of this yourself but perhaps if you take a while to back off of it, regroup and go at it at another angle it'll help. Good luck! Deb
BOBOKITTY
on 9/1/04 8:52 am - MD
Thanks, I am down 93 pounds now. Adrienne
Jeanie
on 9/8/04 12:51 am - Piney woods, LA
Dang! I look back after a couple of weeks and the whole works has gone to hell. I commend you for keeping your head and not sinking to the level of the "haters". Lady, I want to let you know that in my research, beginning in 2001, I never really found much focus on exercise either. That surprised me. In fact, one of the most successful Bandsters, our poster child Robin, states that she lost all her weight but never really exercised. Talk about encouraging! But, alas, it wasn't true for me. I exercise every day now, weight training and cardio, and the loss is still glacially slow. Oh well. I'm dealing. But I wanted you to know that it ain't just you. Same thing happened to me. Keep on keeping on and telling it like it is. I know you will. Jeanie
aida S.
on 9/10/04 5:27 pm - bklyn, NY
this thread is funny as hell!! but really, i can truly understand where lady comes from...it does get frustrating when u dont see that scale moving..i can surley relate..i am a bandster post op..5-18-04..and if i dont see some weight loss, i do get frustrated...and yes, i did do my reasearch and exercise is a criterior..and i do exercise...and i know its not a race as i did not gain 347 in 2 months...i do know this...but reagardless...i will admit i get upset...but i do truck on, and continue with my good eating habits and exercise...cause dammit i have to make this work...lol aida 347-291-170?
BOBOKITTY
on 9/10/04 5:53 pm - MD
You Go Girl, I love your attitude and you are definately gonna make it, because you have the right attitude. Adrienne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11026 views