PLEASE UPDATE PROFILES???????

Lisa A.
on 8/14/04 1:31 pm
Why do so many people stop updating their profiles after they have surgery? It makes me so ill. They should know that people that are waiting to have the surgery need to know how they have done. I know they are out living life and feeling great. But it doesn't take that long to update. I would like to know alot about the long term affects and if it is pretty easy to keep the weight off. Any information will help. Thanks.
Jessica O.
on 8/30/04 5:32 pm - Apple Valley, MN
I am not sure why some have stopped...I have tried to keep mine pretty well updated. I want to educate people, so I make sure that when I have pertinent information, I add it to my profile. I just want to make sure that people know that not everyone comes thru this surgery OK. Good luck to you in your journey!
Jeanie
on 9/8/04 1:18 am - Piney woods, LA
I know for myself, posting on my profile helps me as much as I hope it helps others. And it keeps things in perspective .. I can look back on it and see how far I have come. J
Nut Picker
on 10/2/04 10:39 am - Council Bluffs, IA
I'm just a "little" behind on my reading here. LOL I don't update my profile much because I have gotten the impression from reading this board for over a year, negative posts are not welcome. I have struggled with depression most of my life, but it has really gotten bad since my RNY. I am having bad complications, ulcers and feeling sick all the time, food choices are extremely limited. The surgeon refuses to see me, I had to try and find another doctor for treatment. I also don't want my negative posts to discourage someone from having the surgery. But I also wish I had had more info on the depression before surgery. I have lost 135# and am very thankful for that, but none of my co morbidity problems have gotten any better either. I'm still on 15 pills a day, I'm still in pain from arthritis all day every day. It's easier to walk now, it's easier to take care of myself now, so I try to keep those thoughts in the front of my mind. I have the same questions, will I be able to keep the weight off over the long term? I was led to believe a lot of my health problems would "go away" I really hate being lied to.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views