Please help others to make an educated decision!

kndborries
on 8/17/04 1:13 am - Baltimore, MD
I am scheduled for a consult on september 20 for the Lap band. I having been reading alot of posts on several different boards and want to be sure this is what I want. I feel for those of you who are regretting surgery, and appeal to you all, to post which surgery you had so that maybe others can avoid feeling the same way. It seems most posts are RNY related and I am interested to know if there are any Lap banders that are posting their regrets. Please help me and the others reading these posts to make an educated decision! I truly hope it is just a matter of time for all of you with regrets and problems, before you are happy with your life again. Good luck and God bless.
kndborries
on 8/17/04 1:27 am - Baltimore, MD
I guess i should have read Sherry's post before I posted. Still, if anyone has anything else to iput i would appreciate it. Thanks, Kim
Jessica O.
on 8/30/04 5:30 pm - Apple Valley, MN
I had the lap RNY, and regret every minute of it. I have been ruined financially, I have lost my job, it is ruining my family, my health, etc. I know that I might get flamed for this post, but SOME OF US DO NOT GET BETTER AFTER SURGERY. I have been ill and hospitalized most of the last 9 months after my surgery. I did this to get better, so I could be around for my 3 year old...it made me worse. This is not the norm...most come out fine, but SOME OF US DON'T Good luck to you!
lilib
on 8/31/04 6:31 pm - Sacramento California
Jessica, I just have to tell you that I have followed your story. You are probably one of the bravest and yet kindest person I've seen in a long time. You have been through so much and yet you are always willing to help someone in need. I hope you can find a doctor that can help you. If anyone is more deservant it is you...Lili
kndborries
on 8/31/04 11:03 pm - Baltimore, MD
I am so sorry to read about all the horrible things youve had to endure. I truly hope that things turn around for you soon.
Phyllis C.
on 9/16/04 2:49 pm - Sparta, TN
Jessica, I am so sorry that you have had complications from your WLS and I hope things will get better for you. I had my WLS 4 yrs ago and I've not had one single complication (and I'm 50 y/o now). I had RNY also. I lost 188 lbs and have no regrets. Hope things get better for you soon and you, too, can begin to enjoy your life with your 3 y/o! Good luck........Phyllis
Paige A.
on 12/3/04 11:26 am - GA
Jessica, I have had the same experience w/lap rny--regret it every day! I just wish I had listened to the people that tried to discourage me before I had it--well, you know what they say about hindsight! I am 2 years out and still experiencing complications-it never ends-that is what you can't seem to get across to people that are hellbent on having this surgery. Paige
lilib
on 8/31/04 6:22 pm - Sacramento California
Hi Kimberly, I am newly post-op with my lap band so I don't have any regrets so far. All I have to say is you won't find too many people regret their band. My personal decision was reiterated to me when I was checking into the hospital. The RN asked me if I donated my own blood. I guess I shot her a look of WTF?? She said.."oh sorry sweetie you're having the lap band...no need for banking your blood..it's such an easy operation." Most people are out of surgery in less than an hour and some even are allowed to go home same day. I think the reason why you don't see alot of regrets with the banding is because there are so many pluses. I know you probably know all of the pluses but bottom line..those pluses are gigantic especially when you hear about so many people who have had so much troubles with their other WLS. My heart goes out to each and every one of them. I read their sad stories and I am truly thankful my choice of surgery is totally reversible. I wish you nothing but success and happy banding ...Lili
Jeanie
on 9/8/04 1:36 am - Piney woods, LA
Sherry .. I have had my Band for 14 months and, though I have known frustration, I have never regretted it. (I fell like a fraud, posting on this forum.) Admittedly, my loss has been slow even by Band patient standards, but I have learned from my journey and I am grateful for that. In fact, I continue to learn all the time! If I had it to do over again, the only thing I'd change is I'd get my fills done sooner and closer together. I believe that is the root of my slow loss. But, we can only go forward in this life! You are more than welcome to email me and/or read my profile .. I try to keep it up and creating it has been really therapeutic for me. Best of luck to you! J
Jeanie
on 9/8/04 1:38 am - Piney woods, LA
Kimberly! Not Sherry! I am so sorry .. I blame my contacts. J
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!