WLS SURGERY HAS NOT MET M...

Lori F.
on 8/27/04 12:23 pm - SD
Michael, I have a friend with an insulin pump she has to wear on her clothes so she has a steady supply BUT... under stress she still has levels of 390-500. I am sure the surgery has been stressful for you and this aggravation after has not relieved the stress so that could be why they are elevated now. Not sure about the blood pressure but anger and stress effects that too. I would not make any rash decisions, but then you know yourself and have to do what you have to do. Best wishes in whatever you choose! BTW very sorry things are not going well! Lori
lisa B.
on 8/27/04 12:25 pm - haughton, la
i have stayed reasonably healthy but have lost little to no weight and i hardly eat anything. i drink a big protien drink in the morning and i drink all the water but i'm not seeing any results. i don't feel norrmal when i eat in front of people and i feel like i have to explain everything to everyone i eat with. i get very embaressed when i eat with my son because he says i eat like a one year old.
Bunnygal
on 8/27/04 12:52 pm - bloomington, IL
It sounds like you aren't eating enough. There is no reason why you shouldn't be losing about 2-3 pounds per week if you are properly restricted. Please try eating more often and eating more protein. This should help considerably. If you are taking in less than 1200 calories you will not lose.
GrannyLaLa
on 8/28/04 12:25 am - South,, AR
By this time you should be eating meals, not shakes for your protein. The rule is protein first, veggies second and fruit (if room is left) last. Eating too little will stall weightloss because the body is programmed to hold on to fat if we eat too little. Several people on the Lapband forum talk about plateaus and smaller weightloss than expected and when asked they tell that they eat 700 or 800 calories a day. Way too little! Up your intake to about 1000 - 1400 calories a day and watch the weight start to fall off. The band is a TOOL, we have to use it the right way! Good luck!
MsKiss
on 8/27/04 3:56 pm - Houston, tx
Hi Michael, I am sorry to hear that the band is not working out for you. I also noticed that you had the same group of Drs that I will be having so I am interested in knowing more about what has gone wrong for you. I think that if it really is making things worse and not better then you should get back to the Dr to see what can be done. Good luck. M.
Michael P.
on 10/7/04 12:47 pm - Crystal, MN
Hey Guys, Sorry I went off like that but I was very upset that my blood glucose was out of control. Things are better now and my numbers are going down and so is my weight. I would erase my original post but I don't think this board works like that. Thanks and good luck to you all!
Jamie C.
on 11/7/04 5:03 pm - Lakewood, OH
Ohhhhhhhh my...I am seriously rethinking my WLS I have scheduled. : ( Jamie
luv2bowljen
on 11/8/04 6:16 am - Lisle, IL
Jamie, Obviously, that is a personal decision. I too read these posts and started freaking out a little. Yet - even though these folks have regretted their surgery, and are suffering, these are not the results of everyone. You and you alone can make the decision to have this surgery, and you and you alone can know if its right for you. Don't rush to judgment one way or another, but perhaps print out some of these profiles, and take them to your surgeon, and ask him to talk to you about these possibilities. Only you can decide -- whether it's right or it's wrong for you. Good luck! Jennifer
sparksnevada
on 12/4/04 1:31 am - Sparks, NV
Jamie, just re-read Michaels last post. His body needed time to adjust as well as his spirit. It is a personal decision and for a few there may could be complications. This is how I have looked at this: I am 60 years old and morbidly obese. My family history is one of longevity really long, long life -- if I continue on the path I am on my life will not be long, it will be cut short and I can be assured I this will be with many, many health complications. When I finally made this decision, and believe me I researched this throughly , I was very aware of the good, the bad, and the ugly! It is possible when I have my sugery on the 13th of this month I could have some serious problems ...But if I continue on the path I am on now I know, without a shadow of a doubt, I will have serious problems. So I have chosen a path that gives me hope of a better life. Show me where there is a written guarentee that all will be perfect...not even General Electric and do that. Make your decision for what is good for you...no one would fault you for cancelling the surgery but would you fault yourself later?? If I wait I would not qualify..this is my last opportunity to have the opportunity to ride a horse jump and just be silly without feeling so out of place. I have gotten tired of people looking at me like I am a object rather than a person. Whew!!! this was suppose to be short...well there are times when I just type like I think. Sharon
Gail M.
on 12/10/04 4:30 pm - Willamina, OR
I see you posted last in October. I was wondering how you are doing now ?? Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!