WLS SURGERY HAS NOT MET M...

MichaelMN
on 8/23/04 1:34 pm - Crystal, MN
WLS SURGERY HAS NOT MET MY EXPECTATIONS, AS A MATTER OF FACT I FEEL I AM WORSE OFF NOW THAN I WAS BEFORE. AT LEAST I HAD MY BLOOD GLUCOSE AND BLOOD PRESSURE UNDER CONTROL BEFORE SURGERY. NOW MY BLOOD GLUCOSE IS RUNNING BETWEEN 200 AND 400, BEFORE SURGERY THEY WERE 80 TO 140. IF I HAD TO DO THIS SURGERY ALL OVER KNOWING I KNOW NOW I WOULD NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING IT DONE.
BOBOKITTY
on 8/23/04 10:01 pm - MD
I understand your feelings Michael, I really do. If you read my post keeping it real even if you don't. You will see I have taken a lot of grief from people because of my feelings about this surgery. However speak your mind and tell people what you feel, because if all we see is glitz and glamour it is very disappointing when you find out the truth for your self. Keep your head up. Adrienne
roser13
on 10/13/05 2:57 pm - Glendale, CA
Sorry to butt in Lady where have you been.Girl I had posted maybe 4 month ago about your whereabouts. Im glad your doing good. When I first started on this board I read one of your postings where this lady was giving grief and I thought "Thats wrong" but you sure kept it real. I am happy your back. God bless Rosie
BOBOKITTY
on 8/23/04 10:02 pm - MD
My fault, it is called Let me Keep it real. Adrienne
quiana P.
on 8/25/04 7:50 am - edgewood, MD
im not sure what happened. need more info. why is your glu going up? how does that happened? your bmi was a bit low for this procedure. how tall are you? what did your doc say? need to update your profile to further help others. im still in the waiting stage.
MichaelMN
on 8/25/04 11:22 am - Crystal, MN
today my glucs were very near 500 this definately not meeting my expectations...i had such good control of it just before surgery. blood press is also elevated, yesterday at pcp's 188/98. i am considering having band removed.
GrannyLaLa
on 8/28/04 12:18 am - South,, AR
What band do you have? VBG or Lapband? You should visit the Lapband forum for encouragement and help. I hope your glucs gets better soon!
Lisa Morton Smith
on 8/27/04 4:02 am - Tinley Park, IL
I am 4 1/2 months post op and still waiting for the day I don't regret it. Just like I am still waiting for the day that I don't throw up almost everything i eat, and the day I don't feel nauseas and exhausted from morning till night. Or the day I start losing tons of weight!! I actually feel worse and get sicker more often NOW than I did right after surgery. It is really getting to me, my family, my co-workers.... I may have been 60 pounds heavier before, but at least i was healthy. Everyone keeps telling me one day it will all clear up and you will feel better than ever. I'm begining to think that is not true for all of us. I think some of us never feel better, we just get used to feeling like crap and stop complaining. I hope things work out for you. My best wishes, Lisa
MichaelMN
on 8/27/04 7:43 am - Crystal, MN
thank you lisa, i am looking forward to the day i can have this band taken out. i regret every moment it is there. thank you again yours is the only support i've got. my best wishes for you too, Michael
Jessica O.
on 8/30/04 5:26 pm - Apple Valley, MN
Lisa, I read your post, and I sympathize with you. I too listened to all those folks who told me "just give it time, it will get better" BULL, for some of us, it does NOT get better. I have had nothing but complications for 9 months. I am dying a slow death. Right now, I have sent my medical records off to AZ, praying and begging that Dr. Swain will just take a look at them. I am hoping he will do a takedown of my RNY. I have been in the hospital more than I have been out of the hospital for the last 9 months. I have had a G-tube in, been on venous feedings, I have a PICC line in because I have no veins left. I can't keep anything down, including water, so I get weekly IV fluids. I am become malnourished, I have lost 140 lbs in 9 months, and am almost at goal weight! I should be happy, right? Nope, this is ruining my family, I can't care for my 3 year old son by myself, I can't have sex with my husband, I lost my job, I am losing my health. I just want people to UNDERSTAND...SOME OF US NEVER RECOVER. It's not that easy...those who have had no complications tell me "just eat", "just drink" "give it some time"...I have done all of the above, and NOTHING helps, I am sick, and slowly but surely losing my health. I pray that things get better for you! They have not for me, but I would not wish, what I am going thru, on anyone else! Good luck! and email me if you ever need to talk!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views