please share any excess s...

quiana P.
on 9/16/04 5:57 am - edgewood, MD
please share any excess skin probs.......... would anyone like to share any saggy or lose skin problems? that now i have a date my next worry is the lost of elasity in my skin. how are you dealing with your saggy breast or skin? any problems or concerns? anyone in the process of surgery to remove excess skin?
Keri A.
on 9/16/04 7:25 am - Danbury, CT
Hi Quiana: Congrats on getting a date! I'm three months post op, 70 lbs lighter and already seeing a lot of sagging. My arms are very saggy as well as my breasts. But to be honest with you, I'm just so happy to feel good that at this point it doesn't bother me. I have a feeling I may end up with the arm surgery at least as they are the thing bothering me the most right now. To counteract, though, I'm doing a TON of weight training and upper body work. Hopefully this will help to tone enough that I don't feel the need for another surgery. Hope this helps. Keri
poohgyrl80
on 9/20/04 5:25 am - Vancouver, WA
I am having a lot of problems with skin. I weighed 400lbs and am now down to 150. I had discovered a hernia in my original opening witch was actually a god thing because insurace paid for a tummy tuck at the sme time. I a currently working on having insurance pay for the skin removal on my legs and butt. I am in a tight spot right now. I am on ssi and I can't go back to wor****il I get the skin on my lower half removed. I would pay for it my self but I have no money and can't get a loan because I don't have a job. Ths is the worse cycle I have ever been in. Good Luck, Mindy
Connie B.
on 9/29/04 1:42 am - Blue Mountain, MS
Melinda, Please find out if your state has a rehalibitation program that will cover costs of medical treatments that enable you to become able to work. Some states not only will pay for medical treatments but will also train you and help you find a job. You would be a perfect candidate for this type of program. Good Luck to you! connie
Philip T.
on 11/15/04 2:52 pm - Phillipsburg, NJ
I am 7 months post-op, on SSI Disability, and also developing a major problem with the excess skin on both upper and lower body. I was 480lbs. but now I am down to 280lbs. and sagging like a floppy dog. How do you spot a hernia? I have a large, what I call a "mound" right where my surgery was. It does not hurt at all although at times when I cough it feels weird, not painful, but wierd. Also, while lying on my back it disappears totally. I have also noticed that in the area of my surgery my stomach feels hollow. If I tap on it it makes a "thumping" sound, lol. I no it isn't funny but it sounds kewl. Has anyone experienced anything like this. Back to the skin thing, I have also developed sores under my abdomen(skin flap). I have been able to control it to a point but several times they have been close to looking infected. Does anyone has an idea of what the upper body plastic surgery costs, I am trying to save up for it now because my insurance won't pay for it till 2 years post-op but I need it sooner.
altermoor
on 1/28/05 8:49 pm - Natrona Heights, PA
About the skin flap thing... Supposedly, insurance will cover plastic surgery IF it isn't just a "vanity" thing. If you're getting sores from the excess skin, you should be allowed the surgery. However, considering you still may lose some weight, you might want to hold off on this... (...Anyway, this is what my sister, a nurse who's seen a lot of WLS results, tells me...) Drew
Paula J.
on 2/19/05 10:04 am - Dover Plains, NY
In June of 04 I had RNY, I've lost about 130 lbs and have about 75 more to go. At the time skin was not a consideration for me, now I'm thinking about it - as I look for snug undies to hold in the belly. It's a nusiance 100 % it is - but I do NOT regret this one minute and will deal w/the skin when the time is right. My advice is one step at a time - think about what you have to do to get there - be ready to give it your all - and the rest will come with time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views