WHAT TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT...

quiana P.
on 10/4/04 2:05 am - edgewood, MD
WHAT TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT?.......... anyone want to share what they can eat and dont like it, or miss eating something but cant have it? i like cottage cheese (it looks good) but taste eackky.....
Mary M.
on 10/4/04 4:38 am - Neverland, CA
Depends on what phase of the game your at: the first 15 days all I had was sf jello, homemade broth, or sf popsicles. After 2 weeks I was on soft proteins: string cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, or refried beans w/cheese. After 4 weeks I began eating light protiens chicken, turkey, fish and pork tenderlion. I also eat only cooked vegetables: brocolli, caulifower, spinach, & carrots. My favorite foods for breakfast: soft boiled or scrambled egg or lit-n-fit yogurt: vanilla & key lime are my favorite. Lunch: refried beans & cheese w/green sauce, homemade turkey chili, string cheese or turkey burger. I add about and 1/8 of a cup of a vegi. Dinner: chicken breast grilled or baked, devil egg, tuna or chicken salad, grilled pork tenderloin, one egg omlette/w cheese & grilled vege's. I always add 1/8 cup of veges. If I am having a sweet tooth a small piece of skinless fruit: pear or apple. No citrus for a year. My surgeons office is a center of excellence and we work closely with a deitican every six weeks and she gives us menu samples, food list of what we can eat at each stage of the game. Hope this helps.
Lalocaweta
on 10/5/04 1:15 pm - Spicewood, TX
I miss terribly my tortillas...I used to make homemade tortillas - both flour and corn - they are the bomb. (As my son says!!!) I can't eat them now as they tend to swell in the little pouch and cause much misery. I pretty much am unable to consume pasta or bread either. I miss those too, but not as much as the tortillas. I do eat a lot of cottage cheese and refried beans - those two always stay down...And I have a lot of nausea - so always trying to stick to things I know won't come back to visit me... Anne
Philip T.
on 11/15/04 2:41 pm - Phillipsburg, NJ
I am 7 months post-op now and I am loving it. Foods are no longer a problem for me and soon enough they will not be a problem for you either. I never really had the problem foods after my surgery but certain foods definatly were better feeling then others. While I could eat cheese I felt better if it was melted, for some reason cheese in a solid state made me feel bloated and gassy. Beans, refryed or not, give me horrible gas, yes even worse then before the surgery, lol. Although they taste great and are a great source for protein. I have not realized how far along the food manufacturers have come in regognizing the needs of individuals on Low Calorie, Low Carb, Low Fat Dieters or even Gastric Bypass individuals. Many foods are now availiable in low sugar and low carb that before the thought would have been obsurd. Today I was at the grocery store and saw low-carb peanut butter cups, the real ones, made by Reeces. Blew my mind. Also many soda companys are comming out with drinks low in sugar. Coke makes "C2", it contains half the sugar of regualar Coke. Far from the 140 calaries a can for Coke, the C2 still comes in at 70 calories and 18g of sugar so should definatly be avoided in eccess. Cereals are another going low sugar and low carb but I can't remember the ones I saw today. Also, if Meyer's or D'Italiano bread companys are availiable in your area, they both make great wheat and rye "italian style" breads that are low in carbs. I have also found that my grille is my best friend. I will cook any meat, and I mean ANY MEAT on my grille. If you guys are not at full meats yet just keep this in mind. SLOW COOK MEATS ON A GRILLE. I will put a 4 oz. pork chop on the grill for 30-35mins. It is so tender it melts in your mouth...and stomach. Just remember to cook it on as low temp as you can for as long as it takes. I have gotten my whole family eating healthy now. Well, i have to go for now but if any has any questions at all please feel free to leave a message for me. Phil Thomas
sicilianchic
on 4/9/05 10:54 pm - buffalo, NY
sorry so late replying...did you try adding splenda or a lil cocoa powder? i actually liked the cottage cheese before and after. but i also add it to riccotta as well....good luck julie k
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views