My Hair loss....

Kath442
on 12/5/04 8:01 am - Punxsutawney, PA
I miss my hair. I had beautiful thick hair before and now at 3 !/2 years post-op my hair is super thin and doesn't look very nice. Other than the hair... NO regrets whatsoever.
HeatherBlood
on 12/9/04 1:18 am - Anchorage, AK
Kathy, have you been able to keep all your weight off? I am about 2 1/2 years postop and I have noticed I have been able to start eating more and more. I guess it might be in my head, but I was just curious. Heather
Kath442
on 12/13/04 7:59 pm - Punxsutawney, PA
Heather, My lowest weight was 175 and I've been fluctuating between 178 and 183 for the last year and a half. I know if my jeans get tight I need to cut back some. I think I can eat ALOT but I'm really happy with how things are. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck and don't worry. Kathy
HeatherBlood
on 12/13/04 8:31 pm - Anchorage, AK
Hi Kathy, Thanks so much for your response. My lowest weight was 172 and I have gained about 4 lbs in the past month. Not too sure why. I am still below my ultimate goal which was 180, so I don't know why I am so worried. Thanks for the advice! Heather
irene P.
on 1/10/05 12:01 am - somewhere in ca, ca
I read over your profile! It was very encouraging. I am scheduled to have the ds on Feb. 11th. Seeing your results makes me absolutely sure, I think it will work! Irene
HAZEL_EYES
on 1/2/05 1:50 pm - Potsdam, NY
ALTHOUH I HAVEN'T HAD THE SURGERY YET, I HEARD THAT PROTEIN WILL THICKEN YOUR HAIR. TRY MORE CHICKEN AND FISH IN MY PRAYERS, EBONY
LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 1/6/05 4:50 am - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with
I know I am late as all get out with the post but just want to ask you if you tried Biotin for your thin hair? Go to Vitimin shoppe or any other places that sell dietary supplement get you a bottle of Biotin 5000 and take 2 twice a day for a month and see if you dont see a BIG change in your hair.
Kath442
on 1/7/05 12:49 am - Punxsutawney, PA
I have been taking biotin for at least two years, hasn't done much of anything but I'm afraid to stop taking it just in case it is helping some. I found out I'm anemic and am going to see a hemotologist next week. Hopefully I can get things straightened out then. Plus, I bought the new Pantene for thinning hair and it helps with the looks of the thinness. I have heard a few bad things about other products and was afraid to try them in case they did more harm than good. I'm hopeful. Thanks for your response.
suemc624
on 2/1/05 10:55 am - vinelan, NJ
hi. is your picture recent? cause your hair looks pretty thick and nice to me. sue
Kath442
on 2/2/05 3:16 am - Punxsutawney, PA
The picture is old. No one would see me and think my hair is thin, other than my mother. I notice it because I'm the one who cleans out the shower drain and also sweeps the bathroom floor! LOL My hair was so thick that I couldn't get a large hair tie around it twice, now I could use a small one and wrap it twice, if that puts things into perspective. I've been pushing protein and iron and I believe I've seen a few new hairs growing so hopefully more will start and it will thicken up some.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views