Help with an assignment...

Kerry M.
on 7/15/05 10:04 am - Cleveland, TN
Hello all, I also posted this on the main page, so if you have already seen it...sorry. I have been a lurker here for almost two years and today I was wondering if you could help me... I am writing a research paper for my english college class and was wondering if any of you could help me. My subject is about the support given or lacking for post-operative bariatric patients (support given from your doctor's office...we all know OH is GREAT!!!) So I have written out a few questions to ask you....if you want to answer them off the board, then please just e-mail me. 1. What type(s) of support were you offered before and after surgery? 2. Did you take advantage of these services offered? 3. Do you feel as though you received apporiate support from your doctor after your surgery? 4. If you could change anything about your doctor's support system, what would it be? 5. Were you 100% honest when you took your psy eval? 6. Do you think you should have been required to have follow up visits with the psychologist after your surgery? 7. Do you feel as though the surgery created or solved any emotional issues for you? Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated... Thank you soooo much.... Kerry Lap RNY 5.11.04 225/125
Barb McGraw
on 7/24/05 4:12 am - Mount Hermon, CA
Lap Band on 05/18/05 with
Had great teaching and support before and after - all that I needed. I did everything they offered, and then some. They were always there. After surgery - it was great. In fact he dragged me into the office too much the first month. I was 60, had Type 2 diabetes, and healed slowly. The Dr. personally monitored every step. I would change nothing about the support system. They had an email and a a phone # for any questions, even when I called and just said OUCH!! My psch eval was honest, and since I'm a counselor myself, went off without a hitch. I need no follow up. I have no addictive food problems with my small tummy, and Diabetes gone. The surgery sovled emotional issues just in the fact that I was out of control because of Diabetes. Now that I'm down 40 lbs and exercising againk I have no problems. Barb McGraw - Lap band Surgery 18 May 05 - Western Bariactrics, Dr. D. Krahn, San Bernardino, CA
Jules
on 8/11/05 5:53 am - Dauphin, PA
1. What type(s) of support were you offered before and after surgery? I had done a lot of research and had the support of my hubby, who ended up having the surgery, and then my sister who went after me. My kids were scared, as were some of my friends, but they supported my decision. 2. Did you take advantage of these services offered? I took advantage of every support service that I could. I went to meetings. I spoke with people. Best of all, I was referred to this site. God bless everyone here! 3. Do you feel as though you received apporiate support from your doctor after your surgery? Absolutely! Both from my PCP and the surgeon. 4. If you could change anything about your doctor's support system, what would it be? Nothing that I can think of at this moment. 5. Were you 100% honest when you took your psy eval? Yes, and that was a bad thing. I grew up with a mentall ill mother and my psych used me as a case study. I had to see him 4 times total. After the 3rd time, I complained to my surgeon's office and to the nutritionist. My files were reviewed and I was released...and he's since been removed from doing any type of evaluations! 6. Do you think you should have been required to have follow up visits with the psychologist after your surgery? Not really. I know where to go for help if I need it...and Lord knows I know when I need help. 7. Do you feel as though the surgery created or solved any emotional issues for you? Neither created or solved.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8480 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views