Not sure if I regret it or not....you tell me....

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/16/05 11:08 am - Springfield, MA
I have lost a lot of weight, 158 pounds, and I am pleased with the surgery's outcome but I have heard that you can gain weight back after a few years. Since I suffered, like all of us, so much when I was obese I won't be able to handle going back to what I used to be. I thought that yes one can gain a few pounds back but not a whole bunch of pounds, if this is truth oh geeeeeee! what's the point of the surgery My problem, I am not eating that much and when I eat even a little bit I think I made a huge mistake and regret eating.....not normal...any suggestions??????? Celi/Massachusetts
SHANNON B.
on 7/17/05 12:49 am - BATESVILLE, AR
You have to eat to survive. If you choose not to eat properly, other health problems will arise. Follow your dieticians rules. Eat what you are suppose to eat & exercise. And you will be able to maintain whatever weight you want, barring no other physical problems. The one's that re-gain their weight have not follwed the rules, therefore stretching their pouch & gaining weight. Best of Luck, Shannon
Ramona E.
on 8/18/05 1:06 am - Beardstown, IL
Hello: I know the statistics really scare you! I was told 3 out of 5 gain the weight back in 5 years. The ones that I know that are more than 3 years out have started to gain their weight back but after talking to them you can understand why. (ALL) of them have told me they are eating wrong and NOT exercising! The average of the last three people I have talked to have gained back at least 30 pds. They all know what they need to do to maintain and they don't do it. I also am so afraid of gaining the weight back but I try to be diligent on what I am consuming. I still have problems getting all my protein in..my nutrionists has helped me alot realize that I am so afraid of gaining again that I am keeping myself from eating food for a healthy body which is why we all did this was to be healthy again and regain our life back...I am holding strong I am not ever going back to being obese evver. So I will do whatever it takes to stay where I am at. Good luck to you I know we all went through this for different reasons and I plan on NOT being one of the regaining statistics.... Ramona 346/162/184lbs lost
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 8/26/05 1:09 am - Springfield, MA
Ramona first of all, you look great, congrats! You are right I know that the people who gain weight back is because either they are not doing the right things or they didn't have a good surgeon. But still I am so afraid some times you see since middle school I was the loner, the heavy girl, the one without friends and that's scary even today when I'm 33 years old, but like you I will try to do all I can to stay where I am and think in a positive way. Thank you and good luck to you too Celi/Massachusetts
amcnh
on 8/26/05 3:04 pm - Wilton, NH
Celi, Surgery is a transforming experience. Learning to deal with the post operative emotional baggage is one of the things I have been warned about. When the surgery is done, you are a new individual. You have been given a tool and now you have to have the confidence to use it properly. Although this may seem the easy way out, my suggestion is short term counseling. Especially someone who has experience treating post op WLS people. You had the courage and confidence to climb up on that table and have the surgery. You jumped through all of their hoops. Damn! You've done a lot girl! Take stock of your accomplishments, keep sight of your goals. Seek someone to talk to about the internal emotional issues that are impacting you. You'll be alright! Anne in NH (410) 379/?/140 Pre-Op
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views